How much?

Kika

Feb 23, 2005
Hi all,

I just have a fews questions if anyone can answer please:

-How much is a return ticket on Caribe tours from Sosua to Santo Domingo?
-How long is the ride?
-What is an average price for budget hotels in Santo Domingo?
-Generally speaking, is the city more expensive for accommodation and food etc. than areas like Sosua, Rio San Juan or Cabarete?

Any info would greatly help!
Thanks in advance

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Sosua to Santo Domingo is RD$240. Ride takes 4.25 to 4.50 hours, including rest/snack stop in Santiago.

Price of budget hotel depends on your definition budget. Where I stay costs RD$600/night for one bed, RD$750/night for 2 beds, but they may be more budget than you want.

I don't think you can compare Santo Domingo with the others on your list

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Ken said:
Sosua to Santo Domingo is RD$240. Ride takes 4.25 to 4.50 hours, including rest/snack stop in Santiago.
Ken, she asked for the price of a return ticket, which I believe is European for round trip. If that's the case, it would cost RD$480.

hedlykarok

Mar 3, 2005
www.latinamericanlady.com
prices

you can find some decent (clean, secure, maybe pool) hotels near the colonial zone/gazcue for $30-40/us, which is budget. do a search here and you'll find several names like dona elvira, casona dorada, etc.
i actually quite liked the hotel delta on sarasota ave, but we're talking $60/night booked on their website + taxes.
as far as food, you can find the usual dominican-style places about the same prices as north coast and more ethnic (chinese, mexican) as well as fast food like pizza hut, taco bell, mcdonalds, etc. however, if you want a nice meal, be prepared to pay considerably more. i went with 2 friends to a steak house, similar to an outback restaurant in the states, paid $65 for 3 people - and that's not even a fancy place. a chinese place on sarasota was about $110 for 4.
i should add this was just dinner, no wine, no liquor.

Last edited: