seeking employment in DR

gatita_fiera

Dec 16, 2005
Hi! Someone please help me!I had a job as a destination rep in punta cana but then I fell ill and lost the job as they needed somone asap. I'm half cuban so spanish isn't a problem for me,and i was raised in montreal so i speak english and french perfectly. I've worked as an animator in varadero,cuba. Where on earth do i go about to find a job? I want to move there for the next couple of months. Do the hotels in DR hire foreigners to work as animation? What about as a receptionist? I would like to work in the Puerto Plata area but I'm not that picky on it. How does it work to get a working visa? How long can you stay in the country? Where can i find an afordable appt? and what about a car? Any help would be great! Gracias!

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
gatita_fiera said:
I want to move there for the next couple of months.
First I have a question for you. Are you planning to move there for a few months or in a couple of months? If the former, temporary work will may difficult to find. If you are planning on living there for a longer period of time, a good place to start looking may be here:

At one time someone posted a link to the classified ads of one of the local papers. If I find the link, I'll post it.

gatita_fiera

Dec 16, 2005
im going to go down and stay for a minimum of 6 months.I'll probably stay longer.Thank you for the posts...