comunicard help - please!

craigers

Nov 29, 2005
hello all!

i'm in cabarete now and we've been trying to use the verizon comunicard to access the internet from our house.

We follow the instructions but are obviously doing something wrong.

i setup the connection as a new dialup networking connection - it dials correctly and connects but always says that the password is incorrect. i use the secret # for the username and a blank password as the card says.

Can anyone give me any clues as to what i'm doing wrong? it's just setup as a normal ppp connection in windows xp.

thanks for any help you can give

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
One thing I've found is that if you dial it from a home phone that's setup to be used with calling cards instead of one of their plans, you must have minutes left out of your monthly allotment, otherwise it will do what you describe. You may want to look into that...

As an example, my grandpa has a phone installed in his house, but it's activated to be used with calling cards. As a default they get 50 minutes of local calling every month...if they use up those 50 minutes then I cannot connect to the internet even though I'm using a brand new Comunicard...

Another problem I've run into is that from some of these phones you cannot enter a 1 in front of the number (i.e. if the number to call is 1 809 200 4179 I have to enter 809 200 4179). It doesn't sound that's you problem, though if you say it actually connects but then it drops you...

craigers

Nov 29, 2005
Thanks suarezn,

The phone in our house is setup for calling cards only, so i have it dial "611,,,,[secret#],,,,[internet phone number on card]"

This works fine and it connects - it prompts for the username, i put in the secret # and then nothing for the password but it just says 'bad password'.

maybe someone else has some tips :)

craigers

Nov 29, 2005
Great riravaga, that sounds like a good option to try out. I went to the site and registered. I haven't seen the centennial cards around - just orange and comunicards. Anyone know where to buy the centennial cards in cabarete?

Thanks again guys

craigers

Nov 29, 2005
one more question - anyone know the dialup number for centennial in the DR?

i've got the account credited but cant find the number to dial!! help :)