bringing pets

gatita_fiera

Dec 16, 2005
k,im going down to POP in about a week. Im planning on bringing my dog with me as i cant imagine leaving her for so long. Are there any laws like in canda that you have to pick up the poop? I really hate doing that! And can i just take her on the beach and throw the ball no prob? Are there any rules against dogs? Also, theres alot of strays i believe,im worried for my dogs safety as she is really protective over me and i dont want her to get gang beaten up.i know this sounds stupid,but shes like my baby.althuogh shes a 120lbs german shephard! thanks for ur help!:lick:

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Alots of streetdogs around everywhere.
I only keep my dog lose on safe areas, such as a gated ground.
Your dog can not run on the beach.

Sunny44

Jul 24, 2002
gatita_fiera said:
k,im going down to POP in about a week. Im planning on bringing my dog with me as i cant imagine leaving her for so long. Are there any laws like in canda that you have to pick up the poop? I really hate doing that! And can i just take her on the beach and throw the ball no prob? Are there any rules against dogs? Also, theres alot of strays i believe,im worried for my dogs safety as she is really protective over me and i dont want her to get gang beaten up.i know this sounds stupid,but shes like my baby.althuogh shes a 120lbs german shephard! thanks for ur help!:lick:

I dont know if there is a LAW about picking up your dog's poop but why wouldnt you anyways? What an example you must set, by just leavingi it lying around! People like you ruin it for responsible dog owners that do!

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
There is no law, but if you live in town, i.e don?t have your own garden or property... yes, why wouldn?t you?

gatita_fiera

Dec 16, 2005
obviously on the street and in public areas i would!i have my whole life!but when im out in the country or what not.i was just wondering if its like canada where they fine u some $300 if u dont.

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
gatita_fiera said:
obviously on the street and in public areas i would!i have my whole life!but when im out in the country or what not.i was just wondering if its like canada where they fine u some $300 if u dont.

I brought my dog with me when I moved here a little over three years ago. I have never had a problem but there are a few things you need to know.

Dogs are not allowed on the beach.

There are street dogs everywhere, including some of the beach areas.

DO NOT let your dog mingle with them. They are not exactly clean and I assume your dog is (or at least has its shots etc.). Also, dogs in the DR have been known to carry guns, listen to Bachata and play dominoes. A bad influence for a Canadian Pooch.

Scandall

gatita_fiera

Dec 16, 2005
yeah my pooch has all her shots.im worried about her getting in some sort of fight with the loose dogs. Shes very protective over me,and i always keep her on a leesh,but if 5 dogs come running up to her out of nowhere,what is she going to do?she can be aggressive,shes been known to nearly kill other dogs. thanks for the advice though!

Sunny44

Jul 24, 2002
gatita_fiera said:
yeah my pooch has all her shots.im worried about her getting in some sort of fight with the loose dogs. Shes very protective over me,and i always keep her on a leesh,but if 5 dogs come running up to her out of nowhere,what is she going to do?she can be aggressive,shes been known to nearly kill other dogs. thanks for the advice though!

I am assuming everyone else is talking about Puerto Plata beaches? I used to live in Cabarete and walked my dogs regularily unleasehd on the beach. I usually went early (or later) whent he beachy crowds werent out in abundance! Besides, I had one dog that likes to pee on people's chairs! IF I didnt catch him on time! Could be quite embarrassing.....................
ANYways..........................I never had a problem with them fighting when they were off leash. I would have lots of problems when mine were on leash and others were not! If they were off leash and other dogs came running up, they would just do their circling and sniffing the butts, etc and keep moving! If I got inthe middle of it, they were more likely to fight................if I stayed out of it and kept walking, my guys would just do their thing and catch up to me.
I was just in Cabarete for a few days (without my poochies) and still saw a lot of dogs on the beach...............unleashed and having the time of their lives. Dogs and beaches belong together!!!! : )

Sunny44

Jul 24, 2002
gatita_fiera said:

Oh, I just saw from another thread that you are thinking of Puerto Plata so what I wrote earlier will not apply! Oh well, sorry about wasting your time...............and mine! : )

karibbeankidd

Oct 5, 2005
Gatita - it is always refreshing to see someone from another country letting their dog crap on the beach, makes the locals very happy to know that at home you would clean up after your turd cutter, but leave it laying here on some of the world's most beautiful beaches. Maybe you should just stay up in the frozen north. There's already enough crap here without you adding more.

gatita_fiera

Dec 16, 2005
i didnt say that bobo!i was just asking if there was a fine!christ!ive had dogs my entire life and have always picked it up.i was referring to when ur out in the woods etc..for the last time ppl, i pick up my dogs poo thank you.i dont like stepping in others dogs poo so i wouldnt want others to step in my dogs.

karibbeankidd

Oct 5, 2005
In that case welcome - come on down and enjoy a little slice of paradise.
By the way did you hear the one about the German Sheperd ??

gatita_fiera

Dec 16, 2005
what one?I have a german shephard, 110 lbs.she was a polic dog and i feel i need her with me. im scared shes going to get into big fights with the strays though.shes super super protective of me. do u know where i can find a cheap apt? car? etc...??