What hotels (newest/best) within Playa Dorado Complex?

mgarrett

Dec 18, 2005
This will be my first trip.

I am looking for location, nightlife...(yes) romance, pool...fairly new or extremely well maintained.
Not necessarily "couples only" but somewhat more then less. Not too laid back but not to "spring break" like either...any recs?

Please rec a site that may have a good map of the area that list the hotels? It is slightly confusing trying to figure out which hotels are within the Complex of Playa Dorado, so any tips or suggestions will be much appreciated!

Thanks,
MG

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Casa Colonial is a boutique hotel located between the Occidental Flamenco and Villas Dorada. It is small and exclusive (a recipe for expensive butworth it.) It is a non inclusive hotel.

Also very nice, well kept, all inclusive with a nice mix of guests (usually) is the Gran Ventana. It is conveniently located near the Playa Dorada Plaza.

Their website is:http://www.victoriahoteles.com.do/

YOu can check out the newest renovation here as well. It was called hte Victoria Hotel, but now I believe the new name is Victoria Golf Resort. THey are scheduled to re open the hotel any day now after extensive renovations!

buffy

Jan 24, 2007
Can anyone shed some light on the Cameleon Caribbean Village? We will be there mid-February.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
That's the Nolitours name for their rooms at Occidental Caribbean Village Club on the Green. Lowest rated property in Playa Dorada, very basic, not the newest; but clean. Bring bug spray as they have the worst problem with mosquitoes I have ever encountered in the DR. Food was adequate if not spectacular but the Italian restaurant was a nice change. Best of all it was cheap.

Gregg