Calgary - POP $366 INCLUDING TAX

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
I know!!! Only one week, unfortunately. I asked Angel if he wanted to go, but he really wants to go for two weeks, and I don't blame him...one is just too short. Maybe the first part of January will bring some good deals our way.

Kiwicanuck

Dec 4, 2004
www.kiwicanuck.com
Another indicator of POP Suffering Tourist wise

trina said:
Meaning flight price of $90! Leaves December 20...sigh...if only I had vacation time right now...

www.selloffvacations.com

December 20th is a Tuesday so it is on Skyservice.

My Nov. 15th flight from Calgary on Air Transat was not a full flight with very few getting off at POP as they were mostly going to Punta Cana. It cost me $975

Hopefully from our point of view there will be many great deals available at the last minute in the New Year. Its mostly how I travel. Doesn't hurt as much to just waste the return portion and means a better possibilty of getting just a return seat when wanting to come back.

Kiwi Bruce

stormer

Apr 27, 2004
Kiwicanuck said:
December 20th is a Tuesday so it is on Skyservice.

My Nov. 15th flight from Calgary on Air Transat was not a full flight with very few getting off at POP as they were mostly going to Punta Cana. It cost me $975

Hopefully from our point of view there will be many great deals available at the last minute in the New Year. Its mostly how I travel. Doesn't hurt as much to just waste the return portion and means a better possibilty of getting just a return seat when wanting to come back.

Kiwi Bruce

Once I considered flying stand-by, home from POP and the Skyservices reps told me there was a very little chance of getting on a return flight, so I took the flight that I was scheduled on.

Kiwicanuck

Dec 4, 2004
www.kiwicanuck.com
The learning curve

stormer said:
Once I considered flying stand-by, home from POP and the Skyservices reps told me there was a very little chance of getting on a return flight, so I took the flight that I was scheduled on.

Of course one needs to take in the time of year or height of the season when one wants to do this. Its all about learning the many things that need to be learnt regarding operating in the D.R.

These boards a very helpful but even more helpful is meeting the people in person who post on here and also the expats that have lived there for so long.

I learnt so much from some of the Canadians that I met at the American Thanksgiving bash at Eddy's three weeks ago.

Eddy himself is a wealth of helpful information.

Some of the people that frequent Eddy's are management in the Charter business that live in Sosua. Because its a Spanish speaking third world country its takes a long time to learn how to operate down there. I have made a little progress in several areas and its taken a lot of work to get there.

There are many truly nice people on the North Coast that are very friendly and helpful but one must spend a lot of time there to meet them etc.

Kiwi Bruce