Bathing Children

beckyred11

Jul 9, 2002
Hello All!

I am travelling to the DR for Christmas with my year-old daughter and I was hoping that someone could tell me what to add to the bath water to make it safe to bath her. I know that I've read about a product called "Purisima" on another thread, but how much of the product to how much water? I am assuming that it would be available in Iberia or any pharmacy? Are there any other options? The last time I was there with her I just gave her a wash every night, but she loves her bath!! Anyway, any help would be great!

I hope that all DR1ers everywhere enjoy a safe and happy holiday season. MommC, how are you? I will email pics of the baby (now a toddler) soon! Im off to Guillia's in five days! Oh, how I long for the sun!! Cuidate!

The Voice

Nov 29, 2005
beckyred11 said:
Hello All!

I am travelling to the DR for Christmas with my year-old daughter and I was hoping that someone could tell me what to add to the bath water to make it safe to bath her. I know that I've read about a product called "Purisima" on another thread, but how much of the product to how much water? I am assuming that it would be available in Iberia or any pharmacy? Are there any other options? The last time I was there with her I just gave her a wash every night, but she loves her bath!! Anyway, any help would be great!

I hope that all DR1ers everywhere enjoy a safe and happy holiday season. MommC, how are you? I will email pics of the baby (now a toddler) soon! Im off to Guillia's in five days! Oh, how I long for the sun!! Cuidate!

To be honest, as long as she does not drink the water, your baby should be fine. Enjoy your holidays.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Be sure to stop in Becky.....I'd love to see you in person while you are here!
I wouldn't worry about the bathing as the water in Juan Dolio now comes via the 'aguaducto' and is safe to use for bathing altho to be really safe we still drink bottled water!
Looking forward to seeing you.....

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I didn't do so myself, but most Dominicans bath babies under a year old in boiled or purified ('botellon') water. After they're a year old, use the tap water, and as The Voice says, just make sure she doesn't drink it!

Stodgord

Bronze
Nov 19, 2004
Chirimoya said:
I didn't do so myself, but most Dominicans bath babies under a year old in boiled or purified ('botellon') water. After they're a year old, use the tap water, and as The Voice says, just make sure she doesn't drink it!

I was just recently in DR with my 1-year old his bath routine went like this. In Hato Mayor we used well water without any treatment. In the Capital we used water from the jug (botellon). One time he soiled pretty bad and in the heat of the rush my mom used water from the cistern treated with chlorine and it gave him a rash. Be safe and use water from the jug. It is around 30 pesos, less than a dollar for 5 gallons.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
We Have "Four"! All Bathed Up Until About One Year With "Bottlerde" Water!

Heated until tepid on the stove.But then they don't seem very upset when they eat something off the floor! "Go Figure?"
cccccccccccccccccccc

Make That "BOTTLED WATER!";) ;)