Best Small Hotel in Puerto Plata/Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarheel

Dec 19, 2005
Can anyone give me a recommendation for a small hotel in POP / Sosua area. I have a friend in the area that would be staying with me. My requirements would be a clean hotel with AC and a backup generator. Thanks.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Field of Dreams across from the secondary entrance to Playa Dorado. Tell Billy Robert the FL Football Pilot sent you.

DoraRocks316

Sep 12, 2005
Good Hotel

Hey I came back from Dominician in November 2005 and I stayed at Hotel Europa although it was a great hotel not a problem to bring guest over. Good service. I just had a few small if's about the place like the pool is right in the centre and you only get sun in the morning and the rest of the day it's kinda of in the shadow. And if you planned to have a guest stay over the night with you they have to give ID at the front desk. But over all it's close to everything the beach, the food, So if you were going I would recommed Hotel Europa. I went with a girlfreind and we got two rooms attached with a door it was $300 american for the week. A bit pricy but it had one Ac and 1 TV for 2 rooms. Good sized rooms but the pillows suck.

Comedreja

Dec 27, 2006
Can anyone give me a recommendation for a small hotel in POP / Sosua area. I have a friend in the area that would be staying with me. My requirements would be a clean hotel with AC and a backup generator. Thanks.

Try the New Garden Hotel. Rooms are spacious, clean, cable tv, safe, bar, restuarant, pool, and mucho Dominicana bellas waiting in the pool and bar area. All this for $40-60 bucks a night. It is on calle Dr Rosen in Sosua, close to the center of town and playa alicia.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
Tarheel, if you're looking for a real nice place try Casa Linda. these are rental villas with 2-4 bedrooms, pool, etc. they clean the villa everyday including the pool. the compound is gated with security. the only drawback is the distance from sosua and caberete. you need transportation.

the other recommendation is Del Delfin. i usually stay here when i go to sosua.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
cedulas are a deterrent for you guys who like them young, REAL YOUNG !!

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
tamborista, you seem to know a lot about the gutter..why is that ?
(this is concerning the pm i received)
i only bring to light things people seem to want to keep in the dark.

cdi_747

Nov 29, 2006

I was in Pto. Pla in Oct. and I stayed at Hotel Sensasion just past this yellowish colored college or school I saw everyday on the way back. (not sure of the name of the road we were on but it was big and had a bridge connecting both schools on both sides of the street.) But it came to be about $23/day. The rooms were nice and it had A/C. But the pool was a little shabby. They served food there but a little pricy. But there was a restaurant across the street.

cdi

tlc32875

Apr 3, 2006
field of dreams

i stayed at the field of dreams ..it was very clean and the rooms very cute it had a/c ..clean pool and good food made fresh by billy who was great ..there are pics in the media gallery of the grounds under my name just to get an idea..

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
i stayed at the field of dreams ..it was very clean and the rooms very cute it had a/c ..

I have read a lot of good reviews about Field of Dreams but how difficult is it to get around without a car? Field of Dreams seems to be in the middle of no man's land.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Perhaps the OP could first decide if he/she wants to stay on POP or Sosua, then elaborate on other requirements, as a clean hotel with AC and a generator, would include more than half the hotels in the area.

tlc32875

Apr 3, 2006
I have read a lot of good reviews about Field of Dreams but how difficult is it to get around without a car? Field of Dreams seems to be in the middle of no man's land.
yeah it was kinda hard to get around ..it is right on the main highway ..but u do have to go to the road and either catch a taxi or local bus ...but billy has a driver also who will take u around for a pretty penny ...but we took the local transportation was kinda funny first time i have ever seen 17 people in a mini van ...still worth the price cause it is very clean and the workers are great also ....but yes it is kinda far from anywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.