Help here i think i?m getting burned out

TONITO

Jan 29, 2004
can any one help me out i have been coming here off and on for about 4 years but it{s getting worse here or is it me. because it use to be fun here but now it.s screwwed up tell me what i?m going through is it a phase because at times i just waanna leave and never come back any advise from experienced people can help me out

burned out i think

A.J.

Jan 2, 2002
it could be some things are getting worse it could also be since you have been there so many times you are starting to see new things or things in a different way. You no longer have the rose colored glasses on as you did on your first trip.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Life is good in the DR for me, I guess it all depends on your individual circumstances. What is actually going on with you?

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
I have to agree with Rob.
I was just saying to a friend that I have never been so much at peace within myself as here. Family is happy, good friends, work is just fine, life is developing, my street is clean....

What is the issue?

Don Juan

Living Brain Donor
Dec 5, 2003
It's alright, just lay off the hard stuff.

TONITO said:
can any one help me out i have been coming here off and on for about 4 years but it{s getting worse here or is it me. because it use to be fun here but now it.s screwwed up tell me what i?m going through is it a phase because at times i just waanna leave and never come back any advise from experienced people can help me out

burned out i think

Don't worry, be happy! it's all in your mind. Ignore what you see & continue to enjoy.......there's nothing there that can harm you. Shhhhh!..... be calm...& please, don't skip your medication, OK?

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
TONITO said:

burned out i think

Could you be more vague?

Scandall

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Well, I read this and at first I thought he meant DR1, not the DR. I'm still not sure which it is.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Tonito is expressing symptoms of what is recognized by the American Psychiatric Association as Seasonal Affective Disorder (or by its acronym SAD), known popularly as the 'Holiday Blues'. Actually, the ailment is very common, and Tonito has plenty of company. Psychiatrist don't recommend the use of antidepressants for SAD, and some people suggest that the best antidote for SAD is going out and doing something for others. It can be anything, for example, giving candy and cheap trinkets to disadvantaged children.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Mirador: I think that is your first really funny post!! Well, sort of......

The problem with visiting the DR is that when one is in a party mood, everything is seen through 86 proof eyes, or sexually-fatigued eyes, and therefore it is just soooo fine!.

Later on other things that are realities start to creep in.....But that is just like any other place...We have wonderful things and we have not so wonderful things.

Just last nightsomebody in one of the poorest, most corrupt barrios of Santo Domingo won RD$53 million--(What I liked to think of as my 53 million!)...can you imagine that??

Merry Christmas to one and all...

HB :p

Sep 19, 2005
stop coming here...when the symptoms go away, you are cured, and then you can come back. and stop listening to AZB.

bob

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Hillbilly said:
Just last nightsomebody in one of the poorest, most corrupt barrios of Santo Domingo won RD$53 million--(What I liked to think of as my 53 million!)...can you imagine that??

Well, we could start a new thread speculating on what the mansion they build in the barrio will look like.:laugh:

illwill76

Oct 11, 2005
Come on MR T getting burnt out of a beautiful country like DR with all these bonita senoritas man listen I just got back from DR my first trip ever and man I want to leave the U.S.A faster than you can blink. I am already in the process of getting things together to go back in February hell I'm thinking about opening a bank account because I know my novias will see me at least three times a year LOL.

Don Juan

Living Brain Donor
Dec 5, 2003
illwill76 said:
Come on MR T getting burnt out of a beautiful country like DR with all these bonita senoritas man listen I just got back from DR my first trip ever and man I want to leave the U.S.A faster than you can blink. I am already in the process of getting things together to go back in February hell I'm thinking about opening a bank account because I know my novias will see me at least three times a year LOL.

Wine, Women and song, eh?.... I envy you!

Sep 19, 2005
Hillbilly said:
Mirador:

:p

Isnt that where all the winners come from Corrupt barrios??? ha ha ha ha

bob

sunshine_79

I made the 300,000th post!
Jun 1, 2005
Hillbilly said:

Merry Christmas to one and all...

HB :p

That's nice to hear, I'm saying that without sarcasm, but the sad thing is that by next Christmas all that money will probably be gone.

jackquontee

May 20, 2005
Mirador said:
Tonito is expressing symptoms of what is recognized by the American Psychiatric Association as Seasonal Affective Disorder (or by its acronym SAD), known popularly as the 'Holiday Blues'. Actually, the ailment is very common, and Tonito has plenty of company. Psychiatrist don't recommend the use of antidepressants for SAD, and some people suggest that the best antidote for SAD is going out and doing something for others. It can be anything, for example, giving candy and cheap trinkets to disadvantaged children.

Mirador, coming from someone who has SADS (Seasonal Affective Disorder Syndrome), your description is not quite accurate. SADS is experienced far more by people who live in areas of the country where there are extreme changes of weather, more specifically, in areas where for some period of time during the course of the year there is a lack, or limit, of daylight. This is why I experience it during winter months only. It is also why treatment often involves exposure to various forms of light that replicates natural light, in addition to antidepressants. This is not a medical description of SADS, but the best I can do in explaining it.

I would agree more with the explanation that Hillbilly provided. I used to travel to Mexico quite a bit and realized on my last trip there at the beginning of this year that it would be a while before I returned. Why? Because all I did was party from the time that I arrived until the time I left, and I was burned out on it. I don't think it would take a genius to realize that no matter the location, too much partying is just too much.

I started the same way in the DR, until I came across this site and started to make acquaintances and, eventually, some friends. I started to realize that maybe the DR had something more to offer me besides a non-stop partying location. I have made some friends, am in the process of buying a home, and seriously thinking about moving there at some point. I have the potential for a life there beyond partying all of the time.

Tonito, I think you need to ask yourself what it is you want out of the DR, and whether or not you're getting it. If your desire is to just party and have a good time, then it's probably time to move on to a new and fresh location as I imagine you are probably burned out on doing the same old things in the same old place. If it is for other things as well, then maybe more time needs to be devoted to those other things, and I think the feelings you have will pass.

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
Chirimoya said:
Well, we could start a new thread speculating on what the mansion they build in the barrio will look like.:laugh:

I would be willing to bet that they have already purchased several Yipettas and the requisite "bling bling".

Scandall

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Mirador, I not sure how you made the SADS connection. I think Hillbilly and Jackquontee assessments are spot on; and laurapasinifan's cure sounds like it should work.