new 00189 code

blondytomato

Oct 19, 2005
Anyone else having problems calling the Dominican Republic with this new code, im having a complete nightmare.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
To the best of my knowledge the area code of the Dominican Republic is 809. There are a few new numbers going out with 829. Never heard of 00182

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
Dolores said:
To the best of my knowledge the area code of the Dominican Republic is 809. There are a few new numbers going out with 829. Never heard of 00182

Yes that's right - when calling from the UK you just need to dial 001809....

If you buy a Uni Tell or Global Tel phonecard you get just under three hours to a dominican mobile for ?5....you can buy these cards in many newsagents (in London anyhow) - not sure whether you can purchase online too.

Daydream

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
I call the DR 2 ? 3 times per day and over the past month my percent of connections (US cell to DR cell) has been less than stellar especially if I am calling a Verison cell in the DR. Direct dialing from my home phone using 1+809 works most of the time but is very expensive.

I am not sure what the problem is but it is very irritating.

Chuckuindy

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
chuckuindy said:
I call the DR 2 ? 3 times per day and over the past month my percent of connections (US cell to DR cell) has been less than stellar especially if I am calling a Verison cell in the DR. Direct dialing from my home phone using 1+809 works most of the time but is very expensive.

I am not sure what the problem is but it is very irritating.

Chuckuindy

I have had teh same issue when calling Orange phones - they tell me that it's just a busy month of the year and they don't have enough lines to cope with the demand :tired:

DD

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Living here I have to try my cell phone calls multiple times to get through. There appears to be high demand and not enough lines. At least that is what they are telling us when we inquired.

blondytomato

Oct 19, 2005
thankyou for your replys ill keep tryin .... and tryin....and tryin....to get through i do eventually even if it does take the best part of a night ha ha.

thankyou daydream for telling me about those phonecards they are a really good price currently paying about 20p a min with one tel so will definately get myself one of those.

felix navidad !!! to all xx

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
blondytomato said:
thankyou for your replys ill keep tryin .... and tryin....and tryin....to get through i do eventually even if it does take the best part of a night ha ha.

thankyou daydream for telling me about those phonecards they are a really good price currently paying about 20p a min with one tel so will definately get myself one of those.

felix navidad !!! to all xx

Hi there

You can also use these access numbers if you can't get hold of a phone card - they are cheaper than what you are paying now

0844 445 0204 - 5p a min
0871 570 7165 - 10p a min

Daydream

riravaga

Feb 24, 2005
Rember we didn?t change our area code 809, we only add another area code 829 for new telecomunications users. All number that are using 809 will continue using it.