Package Delay because of the holiday season?

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
Hi everyone :)

How are you all doing?

Last Wednesday (December 14th), I sent an express mail package from New York City to Santo Domingo.

My friend told me that he did not receive it yet.

I sent it by USPS (United States Postal Service).

I called USPS but they said they have no info yet.

Is the delay because of the busy holiday season?

Did any of you sent packages to the Dominican Republic lately?

Thank you.

db23

Dec 22, 2005
I'm waiting some packages from USA to Europe (ebay shopping).
Didn't receive yet. Going to be empty under Xmas tree.

Voice from Europe

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Sorry

Potato_Salad said:
Hi everyone :)

How are you all doing?

Last Wednesday (December 14th), I sent an express mail package from New York City to Santo Domingo.

My friend told me that he did not receive it yet.

I sent it by USPS (United States Postal Service).

I called USPS but they said they have no info yet.

Is the delay because of the busy holiday season?

Did any of you sent packages to the Dominican Republic lately?

Thank you.

This is only priority mail service within the US. Once it leaves the US there is only normal mail control over the package. In other words priority until it reaches the DR. Then we go back to the DR mail service. GOOD LUCK.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
bienamor said:
This is only priority mail service within the US. Once it leaves the US there is only normal mail control over the package. In other words priority until it reaches the DR. Then we go back to the DR mail service. GOOD LUCK.
It could take months to reach it's final destination.

For small packages it's advisable to use Fed Ex or UPS if prompt delivery is required.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
I hope it was nothing important or valuable. Packages often go missing here, especially this time of year!

Never ever send anything important or valuable any way other then by courier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do hope your package gets here but please don't hold your breath.

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
Thank you everyone for your help. I greatly appreciate it. :)

My mistake. I should have sticked to FedEx or UPS.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Potato_Salad said:
Thank you everyone for your help. I greatly appreciate it. :)

My mistake. I should have sticked to FedEx or UPS.

Note regardless of the time of year you need to stick to this advice. It's not Xmas it is the useless postal system and thieves at every step of the way. You could mail a box of dog turds and they would probably be ripped off. After aduana asked for $100 first of course.

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
ricktoronto said:
Note regardless of the time of year you need to stick to this advice. It's not Xmas it is the useless postal system and thieves at every step of the way. You could mail a box of dog turds and they would probably be ripped off. After aduana asked for $100 first of course.

Thank you for your advice. I greatly appreciate it and I will keep that in mind. :classic:

I once send three boxes of chocolates to my parents in Korea (two years ago). When they opened the box, there was only one box. :angry:

Happy Holidays! :classic:

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
THE GAME said:
i sent a package nyc to pto plata on dec 12th.... not delivered yet.

Hi there,

I am sorry to hear that. Do you have the tracking number of the package? You should call and ask for the status of the package. Good luck and happy holidays!!! :classic:

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Potato_Salad said:
I once send three boxes of chocolates to my parents in Korea (two years ago). When they opened the box, there was only one box. :angry:

Happy Holidays! :classic:

One more than you'd have in the DR.

THE GAME

Jul 13, 2005
www.nydailynews.com
Potato_Salad said:
Hi there,

I am sorry to hear that. Do you have the tracking number of the package? You should call and ask for the status of the package. Good luck and happy holidays!!! :classic:

thnx

i have been calling the shipping company here in ny. Well, today i heard good news. The package was delivered... but wait to read how it was delivered.
The place here told me package was in sto domingo since 12/13.. it got there in 1 day.. i sent it on 12/13. The guy here gave me contact info of company over there who was supposed to deliver box. The person over there said the package had been delivered 4 days ago... yes 4 days ago.

But to who? where? well, it seems the guy in DR wanted to save money and instead of hand delivering the package, as they're supposed to, he sent it in a guagua (bus). Buses overthere often take packages to diff towns. You just pay the bus fare and that's it. So the box was delivered 4 days ago and some lady had it in her house. The box was not opened and nothing was missing... thank god.

hope your package gets there soon and happy holidays 2u2. Using postal service in dr is not good i've been told.