Dishnetwork Satellite System Program Schedule

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
I just bought a Dishnetwork satellite system (Vortex receiver) which has the automatic pirating system (cardless). I get all the PPV's and movie channels but there is one problem, I dont see a guide where you can see what time a movie is coming on. No preview channel to tell what movie comes on at what time. This is driving me nuts. Not even on dishnetwork.com or anywhere else do I find a schedule. THERE HAS TO BE SOMETHING SOMEWHERE that tells you what movie comes on what channel at what time.

Last edited:

kobi23

Jan 1, 2002
epg

if you have the right software in it you jost hit epg and the guide shold be there.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net

billyidol

Banned
Feb 9, 2004
cost

whats the basic plan cost and relevant set up costs
cheers

Conchman said:
so you're saying the tv guide ppv channels can be cross-referenced with the dishnetwork ppv channels?

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
billyidol said:
whats the basic plan cost and relevant set up costs
cheers
What system are you looking at? If it's the system the OP is talking about, several companies offer it. Depending on what programming you want, you will need between 1 and 4 satellite dishes. Dish transmit on several satellites. Prices probably around US$1,000.00 for basic. ie. 1 dish and receiver.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
I went to tvguide.com and when you click PPV movies and lists 4 ancient movies from TNT, FX, etc. What the heck? Is there a conspiracy to deny me PPV listings?

There has to be a friggen way to find out which PPV movie comes on which channel at a certain day and time. I just don't get it.

Paulino

Jan 4, 2002
Dish size?

I am preparing to install a Dishnet system in my house in Esperanza. I have been under the impression that I'll need a 6 ft. dish, but now I'm being told that a 4 ft. "plato" will do just fine. Is this correct?

I shall be using a Dreambox 500S receiver with a circular .5 db lnb, with software (image+emu) downloaded from www.dbnation.tv.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Depending on what type of programming you wish to view, you could need up to 4 satellite dishes. I've been told that 110 degrees can be received with a 4' dish. I do recommend 6' dishes for all 4 satellites to ensure decent reception. Don't forget we're way out of the footprints.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Conchman said:
Reception goes away when its real cloudy on a 6 ft dish so I'd stay away from 4 foot.
Ideally would be 10 or 12' fibreglass but very $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Paulino

Jan 4, 2002
Eddy said:
Depending on what type of programming you wish to view, you could need up to 4 satellite dishes. I've been told that 110 degrees can be received with a 4' dish. I do recommend 6' dishes for all 4 satellites to ensure decent reception. Don't forget we're way out of the footprints.

Thank you for your reply. Well, I'll stick to a 6-footer then, and not listen to those locals who think they know everything, right? :)

Judging from Lyngsat.com 110 W will bring me all the programming I'll ever need, so a single dish will do just fine, I guess, at least for now. After it's been confirmed that the "extra-subscription" Nagravision 2 decoding setup actually works I can start thinking about acquiring more dishes. Will have to wait until after Feb 27, though, that's when I get there for this year's vacation...

My brother-in-law tells me there is a teacher in Mao who makes fiberglass dishes himself, and sells them, but said in-law hasn't been able to locate this person lately. Would anybody who reads this post have a hunch who this might be, and where to locate him?

Un saludo,

Paulino