Egg Nog in S.D.?

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
Has anyone been able to find egg nog in any of the Santo Domingo supermarkets?

They usually bring it in for the holidays but I havent had any luck finding any this year.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
It is available in kit form:

Egg nog is a pretty simple drink to make. This is the perfect recipe for egg nog novices.

INGREDIENTS:

* 2 eggs, beaten well
* 3 tbs sugar
* 1 tsp vanilla
* 1/8 tsp nutmeg, ground
* 2 1/3 cups milk

PREPARATION:
Blend all ingredients together and serve chilled

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
ricktoronto said:
It is available in kit form:

Egg nog is a pretty simple drink to make. This is the perfect recipe for egg nog novices.

INGREDIENTS:

* 2 eggs, beaten well
* 3 tbs sugar
* 1 tsp vanilla
* 1/8 tsp nutmeg, ground
* 2 1/3 cups milk

PREPARATION:
Blend all ingredients together and serve chilled
What about the alcohol?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Dominican 'ponche' is a sort of egg nog, and you can't walk into a supermarket without falling over stacks of it at this time of the year!

Kiwicanuck

Dec 4, 2004
www.kiwicanuck.com
Egg Nog Patrol

Chirimoya said:
Dominican 'ponche' is a sort of egg nog, and you can't walk into a supermarket without falling over stacks of it at this time of the year!

Does one fall over the stacks of it because they have had to much of it already.

My son asked if his sister and I would go to one of the parks here with him for a few hours tonight. For some people here (Calgary) its a tradition on Christmas Eve to go and skate on the frozen lagoon and then cook hot dogs in the fire bit in the middle of it. Usually a beautiful winter scene.

Naturally one takes a drink along as well. I mixed 4 glasses of egg nog and Barcadi to take with me and came home with half of it as I was already feeling the effects of it. The unbelievable thing it was 10 degree's (cellcius) which is just rediculous for this time of the year and the major reason we are going to have a 'brown' Christmas.

Kiwi Bruce