Dominican Cookbook

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Yesterday, I received my copy of the Dominican Cookbook, put together by our famous (and fabulous) Pib and Chiri. I absolutely love it. I couldn't ask for a better treasure to pass along to my boys and keep the Dominican heritage in the family. The book is absolutely wonderful, and I intend to do a lot more Dominican cooking from now on. Usually, my husband is the chef, but now I plan to try more. I was surprised to receive it already yesterday, seeing I am in Canada, so it's an international order, over Christmas time when mail really slows down. It took 14 days to arrive. My only regret is that I didn't order more copies for Christmas gifts.

Highly recommended.

MeDominican

Nov 9, 2005
What is the exact title

What is the exact title of the book? From whom did you order it from?

MeDominican

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I have seen it, Clara and the team did an outstanding job!
By far the best cook ever produced relating to Dominican cooking.

Recipes

Some excellent recipes, we even prepared Empanaditas ,some Puerco asado and Pollo con wasakaka to enhance our pre Christmas meal last night to add a bit of Dominican flavour to the meal. Excellent recipes and very tasty.

j5xdw4.gif

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Thanks for the info, looks great...even though I'm working this Christmas day...still managed to "do some shopping"! Cant wait for the parcel to arrive!;)

Bok

Mar 13, 2004
Wow, thanks guys. Really.

It took us more than two years to do this. In part because life kept getting in the way, and mostly because we had a very clear idea of what we wanted, we wanted the best; and what we wanted was out of our financial reach. So we did it the old way, with hard work and pig-headed determination.

The black and white version of our book (economy version, no photos) will hit the bookstores in the states some time next year. The color version is only available online for the time being.

And please, if you are going to buy our books, buy them from us. After all, who do you want to give your money to, some billionaire at Amazon or your pals at DR1? ;)

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
It's Christmas, so I did an unthinkable act of selflessness :cry: , and parted with my cookbook to give as a gift to my nephew. He loves my husband's cooking, and was with us in the DR in April, tasting Dominican food with Dominican ingredients and preparing it only as Dominicans can. Well, now he can, too, even if it is with imported ingredients from other Latino countries (you can't buy anything Dominican in Calgary). He was, to say the least, completely thrilled.

So, it looks like I'll be buying some more copies in the near future. I've now had a chance to look through the book now, and it really is awesome. It couldn't have been done better, I really mean it. Every recipe I've looked for, I've found. I've told friends about it in Calgary, and they each want a copy. If the early success of this book is any indication of what future success will bring, you're going to make a million, I mean it.

You can buy it directly from the Auntie's, and all proceeds go to funding their projects, here:

http://www.dominicancooking.com/cookbook/index.htm

Thanks again, I truly love it, and will be buying copies for each of my boys as an heirloom to keep in their families.

If you have bought and received your copy, please help out the Auntie's by posting a review on Amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/141...68830?n=283155

Last edited:

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
It's a really good feeling, reading these posts.

I mean, we knew it was a bloody good cookbook, and as Pib says, that's why it took such a long time to perfect and complete, but part of me still feels relief to hear real life punters who've parted with cash singing its praises.

If you do have any suggestions on how to improve it, or advice on how to spread the word further, please contact us by PM.

Thanks!

dawnwil

Bronze
Aug 27, 2003
airmiles?

Bok said:
And please, if you are going to buy our books, buy them from us. After all, who do you want to give your money to, some billionaire at Amazon or your pals at DR1? ;)

Yeah, but do you guys do airmiles?

Rob told me about the cookbook while he was waiting to get on a plane to Britain. Absolutely wonderful, and all the congrats in the world. Can't wait to see it.

Sign me up for the full color version of course. One pic is worth a thousand words.

And ... for the record-- I have no idea if Amazon does airmiles. heheh

linamia

"an unexamined life is not worth living"
Jan 2, 2002
www.pascual5designs.com
Trina,

What a wonderful selfless act you did. I am sure he will appreciate it. I will get it for my daughters as they have no inclination of ever learning to cook. Their excuse they will marry a chef. I wonder where they got that idea from hee hee.

Lina

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
linamia said:
Trina,

What a wonderful selfless act you did. I am sure he will appreciate it.
Lina

Well, if I didn't love him so much, the decision would've been much harder! My rationalization was that I could always get more...and you're right, he loved it! I am sure your daughters will, as well. I have yet to meet a Dominican who can't cook.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Chirimoya said:
Could it be that mine is the only one in captivity?;)

:classic: He knows he doesn't have to cook because I'm sure you are a wonderful cook. Angel took one taste of my Minute Rice when he arrived in Canada, and for some reason, he started preparing all meals. Go figure. ;) :classic: