In Your Opinion what is the Best airport in DR?

JC171

Oct 20, 2002
As Far as
Good Customer service
Facilities
Transportation Options
Quick/efficient customs/immigration procedures
what is the best airport in the DR?

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Having been to 4 of the 5 international airports in DR, will have to say La Romana.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Santiago by far

I'll give La Romana #2

An Antinov 124 landed there this last week!! What a humongeous aircraft!

HB:p

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Well I guess I wasnt far off the mark since STI is the only DR airport I havent flown into!!!lol;)

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
My vote

drloca said:
Having been to 4 of the 5 international airports in DR, will have to say La Romana.

would have to be for LRM also. Friendly, no customs problems, clean, modern, and not far form the attractions.

Chuckuindy

dale7

Apr 18, 2002
www.stores.ebay.com
I can get in and out of La Romana super fast. Santiago is fast as well. SDQ can be fast if you have your tourist card all ready filled out and skip customs by sneaking over to where you exchange money and are only carrying carry on.
Never been to Punta Cana (puj) but will be leaving from there on March 9 due to great airfare deal, flying into sdq on Feb 28.
1.La Romana
2.Santiago\ or SDQ if you skip customs and go to money exchange area on the right by customs, then Santiago will be 3.
3. see above, depending on choice
4. POP

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Don't know about the best, but one of the most popular is a stretch of expressway near La Romana (Autov?a del Este), very popular among international drug runners, bootleggers, and escapees in general. There's no lighting or control tower, yet traffic at night seems to be heavy at times. Finally the government decided to do something about it:

Armed Forces block Autov?a del Este

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Two things that prevent the Santiago airport from being my favorite airport are:

• Last week when I was flying out of Santiago, for the first time in my life, I encountered a beggar at an airport. Hopefully this is not a trend.

• After you go through security, it is virtually impossible to find a quiet place to make a phone call. The accoustics seem to amplify the crowd noises. Even though the boarding area is probably not more than 700 ft2, they must have 50 speakers so that when they make the boarding announcements it fills up the entire area. They even have speakers in the restrooms.

Rellosk
The Grouch

Jan 5, 2006
1. LRM
2. SDQ
3. STI
4. POP
5. PUJ

If your flight arrives late at night, the top 3 are comparable. Immigration lines get long, but customs is a breeze.