flights from the uk?

ally

Dec 8, 2005
does anyone have any advice for us UK people over here flying out to POP in feb 06?

we have accomodation sorted, its just getting there! most of the advice about cheap deals on websites are for americans/canadians (no offense :nervous: ) but i was wondering if there was anyone who had any info for UK flights?

also are there any special events around that time of year or can we expect it to be quite quiet?

many thanks

ally

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Ask a UK travel agent for charter flight information. I would suspect there must be SOME UK sites with flight info. As for the time of year are you there the entire month of February?

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
By far the cheapest flights are by http://www.jetairfly.com, flying from Brussels. That's not the UK, but connections, especially if you're from London, to Brussels are pretty good, and th?se flights really are a whole lot cheaper than anything else from North-Western Europe. They fly at PUJ and POP.

blondytomato

Oct 19, 2005
I agree with daydream. I am flying flight only to POP on Saturday from Manchester ( cant wait he he he ) i booked with Thomas Cook.

Another way you can find info though is if you look at the website of the airport you are flying from. If you go to timetables you can put in were you are wanting to fly to and when and it will provide you with a list of all the days and companies that fly to that destination.

Chester4

*** Sin Bin ***
Feb 12, 2004
ally said:
does anyone have any advice for us UK people over here flying out to POP in feb 06?

we have accomodation sorted, its just getting there! most of the advice about cheap deals on websites are for americans/canadians (no offense :nervous: ) but i was wondering if there was anyone who had any info for UK flights?

also are there any special events around that time of year or can we expect it to be quite quiet?

many thanks

ally

Try www.travelrepublic.co.uk I have a friend who travels here frequently from Manchester and she recommended this web site. If you are coming here for more than 2 weeks it is possible to get a ticket made up here in POP airport for the return journey.

I returned to the UK last July but I flew with American Airlines via the States... long journey. Always best if you can get a direct flight here.

Good Luck and enjoy your stay here.

Regards
Sylvia

Kimadj

Oct 23, 2003
Cheap flights

Try www.cheapflights.co.uk.
When I went back to UK before Christmas, I went to the local Bath Travel Agent and told her I had seen flights for under 200 pounds, she found me a return flight for 179 pounds. Bargain!!!!
Good Luck
Kim

cocacola33

Oct 25, 2005
Help

:cry: Hey Guys, i to am from England and am looking for flights. I have never had trouble before and usually find last minute flights relativley cheap! This time i am spending 3-4 months out there and am strugglin to find flights under ?1000, arh!!! Does anybody know of a way around this!?

I have thought about booking a normal charter flight with a return and not using the return and then trying to book a flight in POP a week or so before i return to England! Any ideas anyone!!!

Thank you x

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
cocacola33 said:
:cry: Hey Guys, i to am from England and am looking for flights. I have never had trouble before and usually find last minute flights relativley cheap! This time i am spending 3-4 months out there and am strugglin to find flights under ?1000, arh!!! Does anybody know of a way around this!?

I have thought about booking a normal charter flight with a return and not using the return and then trying to book a flight in POP a week or so before i return to England! Any ideas anyone!!!

Thank you x

Hello

You have a few options.

Firstly, and most expensive is to travel via the US - this way you can book a
3/4 mth return ticket no problem and you have more flexibility in changing the dates of the return flight if need be. You are however looking at around ?600 - that's with AA - what dates are you looking at?

Secondly, you can try and sweet talk the people at Thomson to arrange a 3 mth return charter flight.....that's what I did when I stayed for 3 mths last summer. Effectively its like you purchasing and paying for two return flights and only using one leg of each. The problem with this is that if you don't use the outbound leg of the ticket then they automatically cancel the return......that's why you have to get them to arrange a special 3 mth ticket. So, you are still looking at around ?600 or slightly less depending on your dates but this has the advantage of being a direct flight.

Lastly, like you mentioned, you can just book a return to get yourself out there, don't use the return leg, and book a one way return when you are in the DR. If I was to go again I would choose this option so long as you are flexible with your return date. I know that one way flights back with First Choice are around ?250 off peak but you can only book a max of one week in advance. I would imagine that it's a similar thing with Thomson and I would expect Thomson to be cheaper.

Good luck and let us know how you get on!

BTW if anyone knows the contact number for Thomson flight sales in the DR - please can you let me know!
Thanks

Daydream.

cocacola33

Oct 25, 2005
DayDream...

Thankyou for your advice i am thinking about going for the last option you mentioned i think this is my best bet! My return date is flexible due to my reasons for being there. If any1 is interested read my previous thread - "Giving something back to a country that has given me so much" this thread is under the 'general' archeive.

Thankyou x ;)

blondytomato

Oct 19, 2005
daydream said:
Hello

You have a few options.

Firstly, and most expensive is to travel via the US - this way you can book a
3/4 mth return ticket no problem and you have more flexibility in changing the dates of the return flight if need be. You are however looking at around ?600 - that's with AA - what dates are you looking at?

Secondly, you can try and sweet talk the people at Thomson to arrange a 3 mth return charter flight.....that's what I did when I stayed for 3 mths last summer. Effectively its like you purchasing and paying for two return flights and only using one leg of each. The problem with this is that if you don't use the outbound leg of the ticket then they automatically cancel the return......that's why you have to get them to arrange a special 3 mth ticket. So, you are still looking at around ?600 or slightly less depending on your dates but this has the advantage of being a direct flight.

Lastly, like you mentioned, you can just book a return to get yourself out there, don't use the return leg, and book a one way return when you are in the DR. If I was to go again I would choose this option so long as you are flexible with your return date. I know that one way flights back with First Choice are around ?250 off peak but you can only book a max of one week in advance. I would imagine that it's a similar thing with Thomson and I would expect Thomson to be cheaper.

Good luck and let us know how you get on!

BTW if anyone knows the contact number for Thomson flight sales in the DR - please can you let me know!
Thanks

Daydream.

Daydream

you are so helpfull, i think i will be going with option 3 also on my 3 month stay .

Please if you get that number would you let me know also

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
Try your best to get a direct flight from UK to POP. I went via JFK to STI and it was a very very long and tiring journey. I saved about ?200 or so against a schedule flight but next time I hope to use the last minute charter flights.

I guess the options for 2 weeks or 3 months are clear but what about 3 or 4 weeks ?! It is kind of short for option 3...

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
Hi Uzin

You can book return charter flights on www.airflights.co.uk for durations of 21 and 28 days.

They are not so easy to come by but when you do find them they are often cheaper than 1/2 week durations.

Good luck
Daydream :classic: