Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Nationwide telephone outage?

It seems that no telephone landlines are working in Santiago this morning and there are rumors that this is nationwide. I did manage to place a call this morning with an Orange mobile, but none of my other lines are working. (Tricom or Verizon) anybody else with this problem?

Edited later to add:

Looks like the problem is only a few lines, not city wide. Sorry if I alarmed anyone.

Post Thanks / Like

No problems here. Who did you insult over at Verizon, Mr. Mike????????

Hope that you Michelle and your little girl are enjoying a wonderful Christmas season....hoping to see you sometime,

HB

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Hillbilly. Sorry for being such a stranger. Hope yours was a Merry Christmas as well.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

My verizon cell phone has been having major problems since december 23rd. When I call it rings once and then goes to busy signal. Also incoming calls ring once. Many other times I dial and then I get nothing.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Conchman
    My verizon cell phone has been having major problems since december 23rd. When I call it rings once and then goes to busy signal. Also incoming calls ring once. Many other times I dial and then I get nothing.
    Same with my Verizon cellphone. It takes calls, but doesn´t ring.
    So when I look, I have no missed calls, but calls I have recieved..( that I have not recieved ).

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

and yesterday I got voice messages about 9hrs later.

Post Thanks / Like

UUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHH, Folks?
    It's Christmas time and every Dominican is trying to talk to every member of his family during this time. Phones are Jammed.
    There have been moments when calls have not gone through, but, eventually, they get through.

Happy New Year to you alll;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

HB

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

PJT would suggest the drop in service is not families talking during the holiday, because the reduction of commercial sector phone traffic for the holidays would compensate for an increase of residencial and personal celluar traffic. One might consider the drop in service is caused by a holiday cutback in staffing at Verizon needed to keep the lines greased.

Happy New Year and Regards,
    PJT

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Trouble calling for the US

I have been trying to call 3 DR cell phones for more than 30hrs. with no success.

Chuckuindy

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe the system is just overloaded. The holiday phone traffic in the DR is probably 5 times the amount of the fall off in business traffic.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast