Nationwide telephone outage?

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
It seems that no telephone landlines are working in Santiago this morning and there are rumors that this is nationwide. I did manage to place a call this morning with an Orange mobile, but none of my other lines are working. (Tricom or Verizon) anybody else with this problem?

Edited later to add:

Looks like the problem is only a few lines, not city wide. Sorry if I alarmed anyone.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
No problems here. Who did you insult over at Verizon, Mr. Mike????????

Hope that you Michelle and your little girl are enjoying a wonderful Christmas season....hoping to see you sometime,

HB :D:D:D

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
My verizon cell phone has been having major problems since december 23rd. When I call it rings once and then goes to busy signal. Also incoming calls ring once. Many other times I dial and then I get nothing.

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Conchman said:
My verizon cell phone has been having major problems since december 23rd. When I call it rings once and then goes to busy signal. Also incoming calls ring once. Many other times I dial and then I get nothing.

Same with my Verizon cellphone. It takes calls, but doesn?t ring.
So when I look, I have no missed calls, but calls I have recieved..( that I have not recieved ).

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
UUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHH, Folks?
It's Christmas time and every Dominican is trying to talk to every member of his family during this time. Phones are Jammed.
There have been moments when calls have not gone through, but, eventually, they get through.

Happy New Year to you alll;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;:):):):):):):)

HB

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
PJT would suggest the drop in service is not families talking during the holiday, because the reduction of commercial sector phone traffic for the holidays would compensate for an increase of residencial and personal celluar traffic. One might consider the drop in service is caused by a holiday cutback in staffing at Verizon needed to keep the lines greased.

Happy New Year and Regards,
PJT

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Trouble calling for the US

I have been trying to call 3 DR cell phones for more than 30hrs. with no success.

Chuckuindy

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
It has been a lot of problems with Orange also, and the connection to Europa has been very bad.