All Terrain Vehicle (ATV)

Stodgord

Bronze
Nov 19, 2004
Where in the DR can I buy a new ATV (a four wheel as Dominicans call them), a bush hog (any brand), and wood chipper? And How much?

I intend to use for agriculture purpose.

Thanks in advance.

Roberto

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
well

Stodgord said:
Where in the DR can I buy a new ATV (a four wheel as Dominicans call them), a bush hog (any brand), and wood chipper? And How much?

I intend to use for agriculture purpose.

Thanks in advance.

Roberto

Not sure on the bush hog, or wood chipper, but the ATV is on Bolivar, close to Maxima Gomez in Santo Domingo

Stodgord

Bronze
Nov 19, 2004
bienamor said:
Not sure on the bush hog, or wood chipper, but the ATV is on Bolivar, close to Maxima Gomez in Santo Domingo

Thanks, by any chance do you know the running price?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
The major farm equipment people have brush hogs.

Generally speaking that make their own wood chippers. Or you could bring in one of those Troy Bilts from the states. But they do make them here (Santiago)

There is a place on Franco Bido between Cuba and Sabana Larga that specialized in those machines. My son has bought and sold a couple there.

HB :D:D

Stodgord

Bronze
Nov 19, 2004
HOWMAR said:
Field worker with a machete. Less than 200 pesos/day.

Thanks for the suggestion. I already have workers doing that, it is that I want to buy an ATV and attach a bushhug and mow away on my Finca, to have fun I guess.

Stodgord

Bronze
Nov 19, 2004
Hillbilly said:
The major farm equipment people have brush hogs.

Generally speaking that make their own wood chippers. Or you could bring in one of those Troy Bilts from the states. But they do make them here (Santiago)

There is a place on Franco Bido between Cuba and Sabana Larga that specialized in those machines. My son has bought and sold a couple there.

HB :D:D

Thanks for the suggestion. At first I was thinking of buying it in the States but I think in the long run it would cost me more because of shipping and custom fee. So I am looking at the possibility of purchasing it in the DR. by any chance do you know what a bushhog is called in the DR?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I think you can get their attention if you ask for a "chapeadora de broque" and say "del tipo que se pega a la toma de fuerza del tractor"

I have seen them at John Deere and Ford as well as at the Case-International dealer (Antillana)

HB:D:D

Stodgord

Bronze
Nov 19, 2004
Hillbilly said:
I think you can get their attention if you ask for a "chapeadora de broque" and say "del tipo que se pega a la toma de fuerza del tractor"

I have seen them at John Deere and Ford as well as at the Case-International dealer (Antillana)

HB:D:D

Thanks again Hillbilly.