Last year this time?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
It was pretty cold last night, here in SD.

Still didn't stop the neighbours from running the AC all night long. I wonder what it will take? A freak blizzard?

yasmin

Jun 16, 2005
You guys must be joking!!
In DR it is NEVER cold.
We woke up this morning with -8? Celsius. That's cold...

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Chris I do believe you are correct it was colder this time of year last year. AND it was very very wet in Dec and in January. That will always make you feel colder too.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
No airconditioning for us. All we've had to do, is not to turn on the fans. I just realized that I've not yet needed to take out a light blanket - and winter will be over at the end of next month, so, if y'all are cold up in Santo Domingo, it won't be for long. :classic:

Yes, I remember it was real wet last year!

megamania

Sep 10, 2005
Sounds like this year is a bit better than last year at same time?????
I am really thinking positivley, as we fly out on Jan 8th to POP. The couple travelling with us were just here last night and asked what to bring clothes wise. Does it ever get colder than like 75 F???
That to us Canucks is warm you see!!! My backyard is full of the white stuff, so I guess anything will be better. Keeping my fingers crossed for hot sunny days.
From what i have been reading seems like this year has been a bit warmer and dryer at this time of year. Anyone care to predict what we might be faced with the week of Jan 8-15th????

BTW - Happy New Years

Meg

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Hey there, the evenings can get a little chillier and feel colder when we have a breeze. Just bring a sweater or sweatshirt and you will be fine.

Travel safe.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
cold???

I don't feel sorry for you guys in the least. True it is pretty warm here this week with temps in the 30sF. Last week we did not break 0F. Now that is cold. Hope to be complaining of the cold weather there soon.

Bob K

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I'm not complaining (apart from the bit about the neighbours:devious:). It's my favourite time of year. It's nice and warm in the sun. I just got back from a swim in the pool and we're planning to spend New Year's Day on the beach.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
If you make that beach Juan Dolio Chiri......

we'd love to see you all (and make some plans for the new year).

It WAS cooler last year in Dec. no doubt about it! I LOVED it.

This year I'm sweating my butt off (literally- I've lost 8 lbs since we arrived!):classic:

Looks like my A/C will be working overtime come March/April!

Bok

Mar 13, 2004
Perfect weather these days.
I usually start sweating from tying my shoelaces (Yes, I should lose half a pound, no need to reply), but not this last month or so. These days really feel nice and "cool". Couldn't ask for better conditions when spending the day at the links either.

And where are the showers that usually garnish the December afternoons?
(Chiri will probably get them New Year's Day at the beach :nervous: )