New Year's Legal Holiday

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Rumor among the employees today was that the the President changed the designation of the legal holiday for New Years fron Sunday, Jan. 1 to Monday, January 2. Anybody seen documentation of this? Please respond if you can refer to a credible source.

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
:lick: Sorry I don't have anyt credible confirmations for you, but I would just like to say:

(insert diparaging remark about the audacity to change NEW YEARS DAY on a whim and on such short notice, assumning it's true here: ________________________________________________________________)

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
I think this is a typical Dominican rumor. 3 people with five different versions of the facts.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I do not think that this has happened. They did change the holiday for Three Kings Day to the following Monday, the 9th, possibly the stupidest move ever (actually, the stupidest move in the "changing the holiday" category--obviously, not a winner in the overall category.:p:p:p)

HB :D:D:D

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
HB, has the change of 3 Kings Day been confirmed? We have 2 calendars showing it on the 6th and 1 and the 9th, and the Banco Popular in Sosua hasn't yet gotten a notice saying to close on the 9th instead of the 6th.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Ken said:
HB, has the change of 3 Kings Day been confirmed? We have 2 calendars showing it on the 6th and 1 and the 9th, and the Banco Popular in Sosua hasn't yet gotten a notice saying to close on the 9th instead of the 6th.
The Department of Labor's web site lists it as January 6th to be celebrated on the nearest Monday, January 9, 2006.
Same on DR1's Dominican Holiday calender. see: http://dr1.com/travel/prepare/holidays_2006.shtml

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I get the feeling that this is going to be what Clint Eastwood called a "Cluster F^ck".....military lingo meaning a real FUBAR situation.
1) The Catholic Church is very against the change because the 6th is a traditional holy day.
2) The merchants know full well that people will celebrate the 6th and then take off on the 9th!

AT PUCMM we will start classes on the 5th....Go figure.

HB :D:D:D