Gun shops in Puerto Plata or Santiago?

LUMUMBA

Nov 14, 2005
Can someone tell me where any gun shops are located in Puerto Plata or Santiago?

My cousin (who lives in Sabaneta) has asked me to purchase a gun for him when I return to la isla in a few months, and I'd just like to know in advance where we can find them.

I did a search and found out about what permits are needed but couldn't find any locations or average prices; so any help with that would be appriciated also.

Cheers,
P.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
There used to be one, directly accross the street from Casa Nelson, but I'm not sure if it's still there.
Ask a cop...

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Rocky said:
There used to be one, directly accross the street from Casa Nelson, but I'm not sure if it's still there.
Ask a cop...

It is still there. It is owned by Nelson of Casa Nelson.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
In Santiago there are several. Santiago Vega has a nice place on Texas Ave, just west of the Gran Almirante--down the side street- and they are the oldest gun dealers in the area.

You do not just go in and get a weapon. You must have a series of tests....including a psyche test. If the weapon is not for you, the person it is for will have to take the tests. It costs $200 a year to keep a license.

Your friend is looking to impress someone with a pistol--Personally, I would back away from this like a big pool of quicksand...or a rotten corpse...

HBV :ermm: :ermm:

LUMUMBA

Nov 14, 2005
I'm from Colombia, where everyone has a gun. It's more of a 'feeling naked without one' issue for him than anything.

Thanks for the heads up on the shop in Santiago though, I'll be sure to check it out.

Suerte

Don Juan

Living Brain Donor
Dec 5, 2003
My wife's Colombian......

LUMUMBA said:
I'm from Colombia, where everyone has a gun. It's more of a 'feeling naked without one' issue for him than anything.

Thanks for the heads up on the shop in Santiago though, I'll be sure to check it out.

Suerte

....But I wouldn't be caught dead in that country. no wonder it's the #1 in most murders per capita!....If you feel a need to tote a gun in DR, you must be ****ing deranged.....live by the gun, die by the gun.... Hope Uribe catches up with you & the rest of your gang!!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
If they guy is a foreigner, he'd better have all of his papers in very good shape. Not much need for guns if your lifestyle is "tranquilo", de "bajo perfil" and, of course, legal..

HB :D:D:D

LUMUMBA

Nov 14, 2005
Hope is all Uribe has ;)

"As long as the police, Air Force, Army, Navy & Marines have guns, we're going to have guns." - Chairman Fred Hampton

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
LUMUMBA said:
Hope is all Uribe has ;)

"As long as the police, Air Force, Army, Navy & Marines have guns, we're going to have guns." - Chairman Fred Hampton
And where did he end up?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Rocky said:
Ask a cop...

Still a sign on the window indicating it is a gun shop.

LUMUMBA

Nov 14, 2005
HOWMAR said:
And where did he end up?

Assassinated by the police in his sleep.. is that supposed to be an argument against that quote? Because if anything, it just proves its validity.