Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Gun shops in Puerto Plata or Santiago?

Can someone tell me where any gun shops are located in Puerto Plata or Santiago?

My cousin (who lives in Sabaneta) has asked me to purchase a gun for him when I return to la isla in a few months, and I'd just like to know in advance where we can find them.

I did a search and found out about what permits are needed but couldn't find any locations or average prices; so any help with that would be appriciated also.

Cheers,
    P.

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
    Post Thanks / Like

There used to be one, directly accross the street from Casa Nelson, but I'm not sure if it's still there.
    Ask a cop...

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    There used to be one, directly accross the street from Casa Nelson, but I'm not sure if it's still there.
    Ask a cop...
    It is still there. It is owned by Nelson of Casa Nelson.

Post Thanks / Like

In Santiago there are several. Santiago Vega has a nice place on Texas Ave, just west of the Gran Almirante--down the side street- and they are the oldest gun dealers in the area.

You do not just go in and get a weapon. You must have a series of tests....including a psyche test. If the weapon is not for you, the person it is for will have to take the tests. It costs $200 a year to keep a license.

Your friend is looking to impress someone with a pistol--Personally, I would back away from this like a big pool of quicksand...or a rotten corpse...

HBV

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm from Colombia, where everyone has a gun. It's more of a 'feeling naked without one' issue for him than anything.

Thanks for the heads up on the shop in Santiago though, I'll be sure to check it out.

Suerte

*** Sin Bin ***
    Post Thanks / Like

Default My wife's Colombian......

Quote Originally Posted by LUMUMBA
    I'm from Colombia, where everyone has a gun. It's more of a 'feeling naked without one' issue for him than anything.

Thanks for the heads up on the shop in Santiago though, I'll be sure to check it out.

Suerte
    ....But I wouldn't be caught dead in that country. no wonder it's the #1 in most murders per capita!....If you feel a need to tote a gun in DR, you must be ****ing deranged.....live by the gun, die by the gun.... Hope Uribe catches up with you & the rest of your gang!!

Post Thanks / Like

If they guy is a foreigner, he'd better have all of his papers in very good shape. Not much need for guns if your lifestyle is "tranquilo", de "bajo perfil" and, of course, legal..

HB

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope is all Uribe has

"As long as the police, Air Force, Army, Navy & Marines have guns, we're going to have guns." - Chairman Fred Hampton

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LUMUMBA
    Hope is all Uribe has

"As long as the police, Air Force, Army, Navy & Marines have guns, we're going to have guns." - Chairman Fred Hampton
    And where did he end up?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Ask a cop...
    Still a sign on the window indicating it is a gun shop.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast