Daihatsu service in Sosua, POP?

Danny W

Bronze
Mar 1, 2003
I'm looking for a reliable place to do regular service on my Daihatsu Terios. We are in Sosua. Thanks - Danny

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
If you mean an authorized Daihatsu dealer, there isn't one in Sosua, nor on the North coast, that I know of..
I would guess that Greg the mechanic in Los Castillos could handle regular maintenance.

Danny W

Bronze
Mar 1, 2003
Rocky said:
If you mean an authorized Daihatsu dealer, there isn't one in Sosua, nor on the North coast, that I know of..
I would guess that Greg the mechanic in Los Castillos could handle regular maintenance.

Marco - I assume that's a recommendation. If he speaks spanish, I would like to have my girlfriend bring our car to him. Can I have his phone #, and where is Los Castillos? - Thanks - D

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Danny W said:
Marco - I assume that's a recommendation. If he speaks spanish, I would like to have my girlfriend bring our car to him. Can I have his phone #, and where is Los Castillos? - Thanks - D
Although he has been here for well over 10 years, his Spanish is rather poor.
I can't understand how his wife and employees understand him, nevertheless, his wife Ada is Dominican, as are his employees, so your wife will have no problems with communication.
His number is 809-571-1998
Regards, Marco.

Danny W

Bronze
Mar 1, 2003
Thanks, we'll be contacting him. We bought the car in Santiago at Peravia motors, and they insisted that we had to service it there in order to maintain the warranty. Last week when I was in Sosua I noticed that they were not rotating the tires or aligning the front end. I ended up buying 2 tires for 5200 pesos from the gomeria in Sosua accross the street and a little west of Productos De Sosua.

So now I would like a trustworthy person (hopefully Greg) to look out for our little Terios. It turns out to be the perfect car for Marisol and her kids, but she has no experience in maintaining a car. Thanks again - D