Ocean Bavaro Spa and Resort - Rooms & Upgrades

marsy

May 11, 2005
Hi There everyone. I've been reading a lot about room upgrades at the Ocean Bavaro Spa and Resort. With our bookings, we were only offered the standard room. We would like to upgrade, but would like to know the most efficient and effective way to do this. Do we upgrade when we get there or online, and is it less expensive to do it there?

Also - if anyone knows if the lobby renovations are finished that would be good to know.
Thanx :classic: :paranoid:

Lasia

Jan 15, 2006
Hi,

Re: the renos at Ocean Bavaro, when we were theree in Nov 2005 they still had not been completed and we had to check in at the Ocean Cana side of the hotel... caused no problems whatsoever and we have a great time. The disco was also closed due to the renos and was moved to the theatre. Still, noo problems.

We stayed in the Caribbean Spa suites, which is a room upgrade and I believe that it is totally worth it considering the spa spackages that come with the room. The spa services would have cost quote a bot more had we purchased them al la carte rather than with the room. And the room block walks directly out onto the beach and all rooms have an ocean view. Not sure which tour company you are booking with but they should be able to get you the rates for an upgrade whether they normally carry it or not. I work for a Canadian tour opeartor so I know that this is true. Even though the company you booked with may not carry the room category, making special requests to ensure the customer is satisfied is part of their job. And most Canadian tourists are maninly concerned with price which is why the lead in (least expensive) room category is offerred.

This was my second trip to this resort. If you want to know anything else, please PM me and I would be happy to tell you all about my great experiences :) On and off this resort. I always have a great time.

Lasia

Caren M.

Jan 27, 2006
Will be staying in a condo near Ocean Bavaro and will be spending time at the hotel- dinners, etc. Where is the best place for dinner, are there shows at night and is there a disco? What about walking down the beach in either direction? Any suggestions?

Lasia

Jan 15, 2006
My favourite restaurant for dinner was the El Mason restaurant. The Brazillian restaurant was good as well.

If you want a cool place to hang out in walking distance go right (if you are facing the ocean, left if you are facing the resort) for about 10 minutes and you will get to solace (sp?). Its a pretty nice bar with beds and lounge chairs on the beach. Its a great place to hang out and get some sun during the day and has a great atmosphere at night.

If you go left down the beach you will eventually get to Captain Cook restaturant. Its suppossed to be pretty good but I don't eat seafood so I wouldnt know. Its always busy whenever I've been by. There are some souvenir shops in the area too.

When are you going?

Caren M.

Jan 27, 2006
We are going in Feb. for 2 weeks and are bringing our 16 yr. old son and his friend. As I said, we will be in a condo but are close enough to Ocean Bavaro to visit for night life and dinners, etc. We usually stay in another hotel so I am hoping the boys will meet other young people and have plenty to keep them busy!

Lasia

Jan 15, 2006
The shows were okay but the disco at the hotel was pretty lame. If you son & his friend want lightlife they should go to Mangu, Arieto or Pacha.

When we were there we met lots of other people and had a great time. The animation team was great too so there was always something to do.

Hope you have a great time when you are there!