Playero Discount Card for Residents with Cedula

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I understand this has been available for some time, but I just learned about it. Still don't have all the details, but am mentioning the availability of the card so that others who aren't aware of it can get one.

To get the discount card, you go to the office in the big Playero (opposite the checkout lane) give them your cedula and request a tarjeta. They will photcopy your cedula and return it. The card they make is laminated and has UPS code on the back. Give the card to the cashier when checking out and they will record it. I've been told you get one point per peso spent, but I don't know yet what this means in terms of discount. But I do know that every little bit helps.

If somebody has the info on the benefit of this card, I hope they will post it. Otherwise, I'll post more details soon.

james

Jan 14, 2002
Unless it has changed which is possible I beleive you also have to own or operate a business.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
SKY said:
Anyone can get one.
Maybe the've changed their policy. Used to be only businesses. Mine is in the name of my bar. They record a % of the sale and you can apply part or the total to your purchase. I do it 1 or 2 times a year. Great for your Xmas shopping.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
My maid has one and the only business she has is working for me.

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Sounds like what we have here in SD, my key chain is full of little bar codes cards from La Sirena, Hache, La Cadena.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
canadian bob said:
Which store are you describing? Canadian Bob.

Playero Supermarket in Sosua.

Barbara and I have cards and we are not a business.