El Leon de los Cacicazgos
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Dominican Breweries

This is a question to all you beer enthusiasts, I was wondering if there are any microbreweries in the Dominican Republic?
    I know about the big breweries (ie Cerverceria Nacional Dominicana, Presidente, etc.) but I was wondering if there are any homed based brewers?

I am also wondering about DRs beer heritage, does it have any German influences? In Mexico some of todays popular beer like Bohemia and Corona have German ancestry, meaning German businessman/immigrants founded those breweries.

Peace,
    Capo

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

When I was in the Dr 1 year ago at a small bar in Santiago I had a beer with a boars head on the bottle; I cant remember the name. I believe it was a local brew but am not sure where it was made. I would think any brewer or distiller with a permit could be looked up at the records office? Just an idea. On the other hand some of the best beer/liquor I have had was made in 5-30L batches with no permit.

My .02

El Leon de los Cacicazgos
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Loaded for your reply. I am deeply interested in learning about microbreweries in DR.
    I assumed with all the beer enthusiasts on DR1 there would have been 100+ replies by now.... where are you all?

Peace,
    Capo

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Capo,

Perhaps they are out comsuing all of the beer they can find to give you a recommendation. Just a thought..........speaking of which where is my OLD B*STARD ALE.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Hahahahah Barley wine, I suppose you are speaking of the Ale from the Seattle Region? Yes I will agree if that is the one. The beer I was refering to is a fairly new brewery in Honduras. Its owned by 2 scandinavians, who from my experiences remind me of the two men from the movie "Grumpy Old Men" They are by far the 2 funniest brewers I have ever seen. I would describe the beer as light and airy with lots of kick. They filter it thru carbon then flavor it slightly. It has 9.5% by Vol. PS I have never seen beer made this way before. But its quite tasty, lots of character.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

This was in a thread about a year or so ago -33426- no one came up with any real info on micro brews.
    There is just too much red tape to getting one open - however there are a few spots that carry a couple imports from europe - Champange Garden in SD is one.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the word's "red tape" should gloably be renamed "EFFORT".