Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Sending a Cell Phone thru FedEx??

My question is just that. I was curious if a could send a cell phone out of it's original packaging thru FedEx and not have trouble with customs searching and confiscating it.

Thank you in advance

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I worked for Morpheus in The Matrix, but I don't think it was an international shipment.

Officially though, Fedex does not clear customs. If customs has an issue with your package you will have to go down to the airport or wherever and clear it yourself.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMike
    Officially though, Fedex does not clear customs. If customs has an issue with your package you will have to go down to the airport or wherever and clear it yourself.

I only asked about it clearing customs because i have sent documents thru FedEx and it had been opened and resealed with tape that had printed on it "US Customs".

My questions still stands.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you worried about US or DR customs?

DR customs may or may not hold the shipment so you can go down and pay whatever duties they assess on your phone.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMike
    Are you worried about US or DR customs?

DR customs may or may not hold the shipment so you can go down and pay whatever duties they assess on your phone.
    ???? When we receive packages at the office, FedEx pays the customs charges and collects on delivery? We always have a declared value on the package along with an invoice inside. I don't know what would happen if customs disputed the value.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I have sent several cell phones at different times to DR thru Fedex without any problems, just declare on the package that it is a cell phone and it was delivered the next day no problem.