Grocery Stores???What to expect???

megamania

Sep 10, 2005
Hi again.
You can all probably tell, I am getting the last minute details out of the way.
I have been told that there is a grocery store very near the Windsurf Resort in Cabarete, my question to everyone is: What can I expect?? Is it similar to our grocery stores? Can you get almost anything you need?? We like to stock our condo with breakfast items, bacon, eggs, bread, cream, etc. Is this avail??
What about deli sliced meat? Please remember I have never been to D.R. before, so these might seem like silly questions, but bare with me please.

We will also need to buy jugs of water.
My only experience shopping on an island was on St.Maartens and most of the above items were avail, albeit at a cost! Just wondering if anyone could offer up a comparison.

Again, thanks to any that respond.

Happy travels!!
Meg:classic:

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
It would perhaps be better to visit the Playero in Sosua to stock up. It is only 10 minutes or so away. Or supermercado Ancla(Ankla?) between Sosua and Cabarete. The little grocery store does not have much of a selection, although they are fine for a few beers, loaf of bread and small things. I would hesitate to buy sliced meats there.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
All I know is that a lot of strange, sun-burned people are seen at Price Smart in Santiago.

That said, in Sosua there is great bread, and good cuts of meat available.

HB:D:D

megamania

Sep 10, 2005
Ha, Ha, Ha

Hillbilly, you are quite a cat!!!!
You could not have possibly meant people the likes of us now could you???
About the place in Sosua when you say good cuts of meat - so you mean meat for cooking or already cooked meat. Maybe it would be safer to stay away from the cold cuts/deli kind of meat - eh????"
I do know that there are barbeques avail for guests to use at the Windsurf, so maybe take that route.
It is not like we are never going to eat out - quite the opposite!!

P.S. We will try not to look too suspicious in the grocery stores!!! Ha, Ha.:rambo:

amy2761

Island Body
Mar 16, 2003
www.dr1.com
Just ask Christian ....

the manager of the Windsurf and he'll let you know if it's better to head into Sosua or if you can find what you're looking for in Cabarete.

Stay well,
Amy

Gumby

Aug 3, 2005
Janets Supermarket

Janets Supermarket in Cabarete will have everything you need....it is also very close to the Windsurf Resort :)