shellfish allergy translation

grinchie

Jan 3, 2006
Can someone please tell me how to say "I am allergic to sellfish" or "does this contain shellfish?"

I hesitate to use an online translator because my husband's allergy is specific to all shellfish and I don't want to take a chance that I'm only saying that he's allergic to shrimp or something.

Thank you in advance! I speak a little Spanish, so I can probably pronounce something properly if it's just spelled out. Can't wait to visit the DR - we just booked our trip!

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
grinchie said:
Can someone please tell me how to say "I am allergic to sellfish" or "does this contain shellfish?"

I hesitate to use an online translator because my husband's allergy is specific to all shellfish and I don't want to take a chance that I'm only saying that he's allergic to shrimp or something.

Thank you in advance! I speak a little Spanish, so I can probably pronounce something properly if it's just spelled out. Can't wait to visit the DR - we just booked our trip!

I suggest saying, 'soy al?rgico a los mariscos', which includes all seafood, or ask 'esto tiene mariscos?', then work down from there to what kind of seafood, since if you get very technical about it, like saying, 'soy al?rgico a los moluscos' (molusks), many would not catch on. The most common shellfish in the DR is lamb? (conch). My son Alan was allergic to conch, then I made him get rid of the allergy. The way? giving him a tiny bit of lambi every other day, for a couple of months, then increasing the amount, until his body was able to tolerate a whole course.