Monthly Condo Fees

Pingu

*** Sin Bin ***
Nov 20, 2005
Does anyone have an idea of the monthly condo fees in the new Modern condos on the Malecon?

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
HOWMAR said:
Since there aren't any "new Modern condos" on the Puerto Plata malecon, it isn't here.

I realize it is not in POP HOWMAR, but maybe I am allowed to ask anyway?

lparrish

Dec 30, 2005
www.howellschools.com
I cannot speak for Malecon, but I own a penthouse in the center of Cabarete (2 bedrooms, 2 baths, entire fourth floor rooftop surrounded by terraces). Last year we were paying $300. With expenses increasing, I expect the new fees to be around $400.

snowqueen

Dec 15, 2004
condo fee inclusions?

On our trip this year we want to investigate the purchasing of a 1 bed, 1 bath condo in POP or Costambar. I am also curious as to what range of monthly fees there are & what is included. Typically, are all utilities covered? Taxes? I realize that the fees contribute to maintaining common areas, but what about replacement of appliances or interior damage from leaks, etc.

Any info is appreciated.

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
If not utilities, taxes or replacements what do they provide that costs you a whopping us$ 3-400 a month? That's 10,500 - 14,000 Rd$ a months, for that you can get 1.5 Dominican to work for you the entire month...

Is it just maintaining the grounds and the complex? They must be in dire need of repair then..

BostonMary

May 18, 2002
I have 2 condos and last years fees were:
1. $800.00 per year and covered outside maintance no pool plus we had an assesment.
2. Approximately $1,200 per year includes serano, yard maintenance, pool maintanece, on site condo manager, maid service, building maintenance and insurance. There can be additiontal assessments, i.e. 4 years ago we needed to paint the building at approximately $200 per unit.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
MerengueDutchie said:
If not utilities, taxes or replacements what do they provide that costs you a whopping us$ 3-400 a month? That's 10,500 - 14,000 Rd$ a months, for that you can get 1.5 Dominican to work for you the entire month...

Is it just maintaining the grounds and the complex? They must be in dire need of repair then..
Many with higher maintenence fees provide backup electricity. Probably the largest expense for many.

BostonMary

May 18, 2002
Snow Queen Pm me about condos in Costambar. Previously our fees did cover backup energy, but now everyone has moved to Invertors which run off your electricty

BostonMary

May 18, 2002
Costambar condo are all separate with management for each building. I just wanted to say that all condo fees are different and you really can't compare, It depends on what is included and how it is managed. This was always very inportant for us and weighed heavily on what we bought, Currently we are only able to spend one month a year in Costambar so we needed to make sure everything is managed when we are not there. One of our condo is a long term rental and is currently being rented by a fellow from Denmark.
One condo is in a buidling with 5 other units the condo association has 3 building therefore 18 units. The other is about the same. If you want info PM me.