Bottled water for my cat?

negritalinda

Jun 24, 2005
Cat owners, please advise:

Do you give your cat bottled water to drink, or is it okay to give them the local tap water? Will it upset their stomach? I'll be arriving in DR in the next few days with my cat and was curious to know. Thanks for your help!

Loaded

Dec 26, 2005
I used to travel with my dog quite frequently, I just used to boil the water if I was unsure. Of course my dog used to drink from every available puddle so not sure if it mattered. Just my .02

Pingu

*** Sin Bin ***
Nov 20, 2005
It's A Stupid Cat

It's A Just A Stupid Cat! Make it drink whatever water is available. Pampering animals is ridiculous. A cat can't keep an intruder away.

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
You my friend... all are a insensitive...a hole

Pingu said:
It's A Just A Stupid Cat! Make it drink whatever water is available. Pampering animals is ridiculous. A cat can't keep an intruder away.

Pets are someone's loved ones whatever they choose to own.

Who gives you the right to even post something like that.

Excuse my language everyone.....( but you're a DICK):angry: :angry:

Pingu

*** Sin Bin ***
Nov 20, 2005
easygoin said:
Pets are someone's loved ones whatever they choose to own.

Who gives you the right to even post something like that.

Excuse my language everyone.....( but you're a DICK):angry: :angry:

I may be a Dick, but you're an idiot who argues online like a teenanger. Do you REALLY think I give two $hits if you're angry? It's a stupid cat. Get over it.

amy2761

Island Body
Mar 16, 2003
www.dr1.com
Hey Pingu - you're not going to last long on this board with reply's like that! We're here to help, not to insult. If you can't handle that, then leave.

Negrita - use bottled water as the tap water here does to animals exactly what it does to people, sometimes it's ok but other times makes 'em very sick.

Amy

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
amy2761 said:
Hey Pingu - you're not going to last long on this board with reply's like that! We're here to help, not to insult. If you can't handle that, then leave.

I would not consider myself an animal lover, but Pingu your comment was rude to say the least.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
I think while the water would be safer than tap water there are few cats and dogs unless indoor only that don't get puddle water, toilet water etc., as a part of their diet. Bottled water can't hurt and the big bottles are cheap so hey, why not?

stormer

Apr 27, 2004
Pingu said:
I may be a Dick, but you're an idiot who argues online like a teenanger. Do you REALLY think I give two $hits if you're angry? It's a stupid cat. Get over it.

How horrible, my cat is my family, I love her like a child!

amy2761

Island Body
Mar 16, 2003
www.dr1.com
k1w1 said:
Are the dominicans similar to mexicans who are so unlike americans when it comes to pets?

If you mean "are there millions of 'homeless' dogs and cats running around that are kicked and malnourished?" then yes. There are people here who actually take care of their pets too though.

Stay well,
Amy

amy2761

Island Body
Mar 16, 2003
www.dr1.com
Funny thing is, dogs on the street are not paid much attention to, but lock it up in a yard and most (yea, here we go with the generalities) Dominicans believe it's a trained people-eating machine, even if it's not particularly well taken care of.

Stay well,
Amy (counting the days till the pitbull puppy arrives!!)

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
My dog drinks swimming pool and toilet water, and doesn't get sick. I always have tap water available for him, but he prefers the taste of toilet water, pool water, tap water - in that order.

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
k1w1 said:
I really hope you're talkin' about caged birds or gerbels / hamsters etc otherwise the implication is your pussies are locked up all day (hence unable to naturally drink puddles etc) and THAT's animal cruelty.

Eh??? You lost me here! :tired:

snowqueen

Dec 15, 2004
Cruelty???

SPCA here won't let you adopt a cat unless you say you will keep it indoors. I have had indoor cats for 20 years & they are extremely happy & healthy. No fights with other animals, so no injuries, no diseases or parasites, there is also feline aids, communicable only between cats, but just as deadly. I also don't have to worry about my cats damaging anothers property, or being poisoned or executed by an irate neighbour. Call me cruel if you want, but I just think it makes good sense to keep my companions safe & healthy.

amy2761

Island Body
Mar 16, 2003
www.dr1.com
k1w1 said:
and finally, would the locals (dominicans) also consider a 'gringo' allowing their pet to lick their face as gross?
thanx again

Hmmm, I'll find out for sure when I get my puppy!! :nervous:

Stay well,
Amy

Stodgord

Bronze
Nov 19, 2004
k1w1 said:
and finally, would the locals (dominicans) also consider a 'gringo' allowing their pet to lick their face as gross?
thanx again

Search the thread "what action offends Dominicans". This action would not only make a Dominican sick but it will also help them judge negatively the hygienic qualities of the person being licked. In other words, a Dominican will reduced their visits to essential only, and will never eat any food you give them again. I think African Americans are the same way.

Stodgord

Bronze
Nov 19, 2004
negritalinda said:
Cat owners, please advise:

Do you give your cat bottled water to drink, or is it okay to give them the local tap water? Will it upset their stomach? I'll be arriving in DR in the next few days with my cat and was curious to know. Thanks for your help!

I hope your cat is a house cat that does not wonder outdoors and that you don't live in a barrio. Otherwise, with all the pampering and good food he is getting, he might move up a tiguere's list. Some barrio tigueres like to eat cats, and fat cats get the most attention, in case you did not know.

amy2761

Island Body
Mar 16, 2003
www.dr1.com
Stodgord said:
Search the thread "what action offends Dominicans". This action would not only make a Dominican sick but it will also help them judge negatively the hygienic qualities of the person being licked. In other words, a Dominican will reduced their visits to essential only, and will never eat any food you give them again. I think African Americans are the same way.

Well, thanks for the advice, we'll keep face-liking for when we have guests that are not Dominican then :eek:

I disagree with the African American part though as I am African American (although I may be the exception to your rule as I'm a white South African that was raised in the States :lick: ).

Stay well,
Amy