Your advice and opionions needed!

cocacola33

Oct 25, 2005
;) Giving something back to a country that has given me so much!

I have travelled to the DR many times over the past 6 years and have visited many diiferant areas including; Santiago, Santo Dominigo, Sosua, La Romana, Punta Cana and the amazing Puerto Plata!

Puerto Plata is the place which i feel in love with, i returned time and time again and spent long months there during summer! My father invested in a house their which i take great advantage of and stay their with friends.

I have made many friends there as have my family! And this summer i have decided to give a little back! As i am a student i am lucky 2 have 4 months of during summer!

This summer will be differant... i was looking into volunteering through a company but decided against it and am know working with Manuel a good friend of my dads planning my own volunteering project.

I will be living with a family in Puerto Plata, i decided this because it will help with my spanish and i feel i will gain the best experience this way!

I will be spending 3-4 months working with children in local orphanges and street children within the Puerto Plata area. I will be fundraising to help fund this trip and will also be doing extra courses to help me help these children the best i can! Including;

TEFL - teaching english as a foreign language
A intensive spanish course as well as spanish lessons from a friend once i am out there!

If anyone as any advice please advise me! If anyone knows of organisation in Puerto Plata that need volunteers please tell me. Or if anyonoe knows of anybody who has done something similar please share experiences or just give me your opionion!

Thankyou and i look forward to reading any replies! x