Stray bullets

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
I think they should make easily available "Pistols Ranges for target practice" only then will shooters start hitting their targets instead of killing or wounding innoscent victims with stray bullets most of the time children.

Just about every time I read the DR news there is always a victim of a stray bullet.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
The question of stray bullets makes for interesting debate.

How to put an end to it? Take away the guns? Yeah, right! Like that is gonna happen. Educate: Might work. The chief of police just arrested and fired two of his agents that were discharging their weapons on New Year's Eve...:D:D

Right now, there is a fund that provides for victims of stray bullets.

What happens is that people get happy and start discharging their weapons into the air, forgetting ( in their euphoria) that what goes up has to come down, sometimes with regretable results.

However, most of what you read about is the result of gang violence or family violence, not celebrations...

HB :(:(:(

Dec 21, 2005
Education is the only way, Shooting Range, OK there one in Santiago, were i go every now and again, with a few Sousa residents. It only cost 100 rd$ for the hole day or 1000 rd$ for the year.People are not idiot or stupid, it comes down to education. if you don't train your dog it will **** on your bed? need i say more.amputate there hand, then they will shoot with the other hand, unless you educate them.

Sep 19, 2005
I think I read that there were 32 deaths over the new years weekend.Most were auto accidents and most of those involved alcohol. But 4 deaths were the result of bullets coming down and killing someone!!!!!!!!!!

ok just think about the odds... FOUR actually died...HOW many got shot and lived???? and how many bullets must be fired into the air where four people will die when they return to earth!!!!!!!!

a freaking crap load!!!!!!!!!!!

bob

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
FYI, all private and public hospitals and medical facilities are requiered by law to report immediately to the police all emergency admittance due to bullet wounds. Those persons injured by bullets are for all practical purposes detained for investigation. This makes it an incentive to report as 'stray' all bullet wound, not withstanding the real origin or situation, in order to avoid lengthy investigations and uncomfortable interrogations. By the way, did you hear the news yesterday about the DR Air Force Major, second in command for security in the San Isidro Airbase, who was hit with over 12 'stray' bullets', four of them to the head, while stopped at a traffic light?

amy2761

Island Body
Mar 16, 2003
www.dr1.com
greggarage@hotmail.com said:
amputate there hand, then they will shoot with the other hand, unless you educate them.

Method is all: what about educating them by shooting their hand off? It'll 'educate' 'em quicker than most things ..... :tired:

Shooting at nothing is one of the more idiotic ideas I have ever come across, unless you're in the middle of the ocean with a problem and are shooting off a flare gun. For someone interested in learning to shoot (properly) I can't comprehend not shooting at something, a target of some sort?! But just going off? I don't get it. :ermm:

Stay well,
Amy