re: Things to do In Puerto Plata

Status
Not open for further replies.

pr122158

Jan 5, 2006
re: Things to do In Puerto Plata

I will be staying at an all-inclusive resort in Puerto Plata and was wondering what type of excursions I can do while I am visiting. Anybody know anything about the Outback Safari or the Monster Truck Safari? Any ideas will be helpful to plan my trip.

baileyboy

Jun 27, 2004
pr122158 said:
I will be staying at an all-inclusive resort in Puerto Plata and was wondering what type of excursions I can do while I am visiting. Anybody know anything about the Outback Safari or the Monster Truck Safari? Any ideas will be helpful to plan my trip.

You can book your excursiosn through your tour operator at the htoel, which can be price... you can book them on the beach, or at the Playa Dorado Plaza, where all the shops are.

There are many tours to go on...the Puerto plata shopping tour, takes you around the city, and to the San Felipe Fortress ont eh malecon. (I would recommend just getting a taxi drive to show you around may be cheaper.)

There is the monster truck safari, takes you on an open air jeep ride through the country, takes you to a typical Dominincan house, and a school, and through the countryside. Stops at a restaurant to eat. Very fun.

Catamyran tour, takes you out on the Catamyran, and you snorkle, and drink and eat all day long. I believe it takes you over to Sousa for the snorkling. Atleast 5 years ago that is where it took me.

Paradise Island-- takes you to a secludded island where you can eat, ona beach, and go swimming, and play on a trampoline int he water. VERY FUN!

the ATV--you go along the road in ATV"S

Horseback riding--very fun! Have half and full day tours.
Enjoy!
lisa

Status
Not open for further replies.