Taxi Service

slimshade328

Dec 4, 2005
I will arrive in Santiago very early in the morning at the airport. How might I arrange transportation from Santiago airport to Santo Domingo? --- and at what cost?

Thank you,

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
I'm not sure if by very early, you mean the Jet Blue flight that arrives at 4:00 am. If so, you will need to wait a couple of hours before the buses start running. Click here for Caribe Tours schedule.

The approximate costs for the bus would be: $15 for the cab to the bus station, $8 for the bus, and $10-$20 from the Santo Domingo bus station to where you want to go in Santo Domingo.

I believe the posted rate for a cab from STI to Santo Domingo is about $125. You may want to shoot an email off to the service mentioned in Hillbilly's post. I've used them many times and have found them less expensive than other services.

I'm sure someone will chime in with more accurate numbers.

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
I made that trip last month. . . .not much to do in STI at that time of night so I wound up at Patron Burger. . . .which is normally an "interesting place" but at 4 am it is even funnier.

Rellosks info is good, but I think his SDQ taxi rates are too high. I think 100 pesos up to 250 pesos may cover just about any destination in santo domingo. I went from caribe tours to gazcue for 100 pesos. . . .of course they started off at 300 pesos!

A

apostropheman

i recently took a taxi from the metro bus station to Caribe tours in Santo Domingo...100 pesos...i just got out and handed him (the driver) the $$$ through the window and he DIDN'T try and run me over so i assume he was happy:rambo:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Do try the taxi service from JJ. It is punctual, efficient and very polite. It is also less expensive.
Santiago at 4:00 in the morning is kinda quiet, but I am sure if you are looking for "trouble", you can find some at any carwash or over there at Patron Burger.

Have to ask AZB about places like Ah? Bar, Francifol and such--where the "nice " people go...

BTW, I think that flight gets in at 2 something, doesn't it??

HB :D:D:D