Hopelss romantic

Dragonfly

Jan 5, 2006
Ok folks, this is my first time using this. I have a few questions...
1. How likely is it that a police officer in the DR is a sankie?

2. If a man in the DR is in love with someone from another culture ie NA culture, what are the chances that he will conform to the whole monogomy idea for her?

3. I don't want to give out any names, so this is how I'll put it, how familiar is anyone with with the security/police staff at the Gran Ventana Resort?

Thx.

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
Hello and welcome to DR1 :)

How long have you known this guy?

Has he asked you for money?

Did he say "I love you" on your first date?

There is a separate section with sankie threads.

Good luck.

P.S. Are you spying on this person?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Potato you can be our official sankie subject greeter ok. You're so good at it. ;)

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
Anna Coniglio said:
Potato you can be our official sankie subject greeter ok. You're so good at it. ;)

Good evening Anna :classic:

I'll do my best! lol

Stay warm and good night! :)

Dragonfly

Jan 5, 2006
hopeless romantic again

I've known him for two days, but we saw eachother before and were "making eyes," he didn't ask me for money, and he didn't say he loved me. We didn't go on any dates, we didn't even dance, We sat and talked and he introduced himself to my family. Of course he said sweet things, but so far that's as far at it goes.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Where do they find these people!

Dragonfly said:
I've known him for two days, but we saw eachother before and were "making eyes," he didn't ask me for money, and he didn't say he loved me. We didn't go on any dates, we didn't even dance, We sat and talked and he introduced himself to my family. Of course he said sweet things, but so far that's as far at it goes.
Why in hell do you care if he is a sankie or not if you only met him 2 days ago?. What, are you trying to start a relationship with someone that you made eye contact and have known for 2 days?. Are you THAT easy?. Do you do the same back home?. Some people!.

By the way, in my opinion (NOTE: MY OPINION), not only are most Dominican cops womanizers, they are corrupted. So yes, MANY can be sankies!.

This thread have got to be a stupid joke. Let's see:

made eye contact,

known him for 2 days,

he did not asked you for money,

he did not say he loved you,

you did not go out on dates,

you did not even danced,

you only sat and talked,

he told you sweet things and that's as far as it went.

What, you expect the guy to ask you for money after 2 days. Please, give him some credit. At least give him a week!.

I just don't understand, what motives do you have to want to know if he is a sankie or not. When you meet someone in our home country, do they impress you enough, in 2 days, to go to a public site and ask question about them?.

Take a cold shower honey!.

Btw, since he works as security in a resort, you probably make more money in one day than what he makes in a month!. Think eating fried flour instead of filet mignon!.

Last edited:

Dragonfly

Jan 5, 2006
Yep, those are some pretty good points. As for the two days thing, I don't know, I heard that people down there move faster thatn people in NA.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Maybe!

Dragonfly said:
Yep, those are some pretty good points. As for the two days thing, I don't know, I heard that people down there move faster thatn people in NA.
Perhaps they move faster but they DO need a willing partner to move faster with.

Moderator, please close or delete this thread and while you are at it, send some rope to my home so I can hang myself for being dumm enough to post on this thread, not once, but twice!.

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
miguel said:
Perhaps they move faster but they DO need a willing partner to move faster with.

Moderator, please close or delete this thread and while you are at it, send some rope to my home so I can hang myself for being dumm enough to post on this thread, not once, but twice!.

Hola Miguel, you are a very cool guy so please do not hang yourself!!! :classic:

How about I send you some of my home-cooked Sweet and Sour Chicken? :chinese:

jryxx4.jpg

Tu Amigo,

Chino

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
Dragonfly said:

Please take it slowly. No need to rush.

He met you and your family which is one time. Was there another time when you two have met? Or did you two only meet one time?

Does he keep in touch with you?

Again, take it slow.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
If he works security at a resort.....that makes him a resort worker and as jellylegs says on her blog....."another coach (bus) full arrives every week"!
So yes...he probably IS a sankie....or at least is looking for a free ride and a ticket off the island!
Now go read everything in the sankie 101 forum and also in the mars/venus forum.....

sunshine_79

I made the 300,000th post!
Jun 1, 2005
Dragonfly said:

Very likely. My significant other is a policeman and is a great guy (and I'm saying this from real life experience, NOT a 2 week vacation) but you should hear his stories about some of his fellow cops.

We don't socialize with other policemen because he can't stand most of them, especially the policia national.

Some of the policemen here are amongst the most corrupted people in the country. You will find that most of the lower enlisted officers are the worst.

Be careful. If the relationship goes south then you can find yourself in a world of hurt.

stormer

Apr 27, 2004
Dragonfly said:

2. If a man in the DR is in love with someone from another culture ie NA culture, what are the chances that he will conform to the whole monogomy idea for her?

3. I don't want to give out any names, so this is how I'll put it, how familiar is anyone with with the security/police staff at the Gran Ventana Resort?

Thx.

Are you guys still in touch?? Did he ask you money?

Dragonfly

Jan 5, 2006
Time

Oh lord, I think I've pretty much answered my own questons bu now...lol. I guess nothing will cure a "hopeless romantic" but time....

He asked for my email, but he hasn't emailed me, I don't think he ever will.... So no he hasn't asked for money.

It just seems strange that he was very focussed on emailing me, and talking on MSN, like asking what times I'm usually on etc. He mentioned it throughout out conversations.

I guess, this is a first for me, usually when a guy, in NA anyways, says their going to get in touch they usually do. Maybe there is a cultural discrepency, maybe he's just not interested. And that's that.

Thanks to everyone for their posts, even the ones that were hard to take.

ZEUS

Bronze
Feb 14, 2003
Dominicana?

If I'm not mistaken, Dragonfly is Dominican and should know all about sankies.:rambo:

So don't play 'snow white' when you're the wolf..:nervous:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
ZEUS said:
If I'm not mistaken, Dragonfly is Dominican and should know all about sankies.:rambo:

So don't play 'snow white' when you're the wolf..:nervous:

This is a new dragonfly the other one is a Dominicana but there's more to her name.

Ah here it is,

Dragonfly32837 is the Dominicana

May 31, 2005
La usurpadora

Oh No. Another Dragonfly! This can't be good. I don't have any advice for you because I don't see what the big deal is... You call yourself a hopeless romantic? Are you saying that after knowing him for two days you are in love? Please don't. This must mean that you are very naive and some men will take advantage of you if you are.

May 31, 2005
Yes. I am the Dominicana. I have been trying to post on this thread for the past half hour and something was going on with my connection. When I came to post I saw that some of you have already mentioned the name similarity thing here.

Let me make it clear.... I am not the sankie lady. LOL