Advice satisfaction poll

indiana16

Jan 5, 2006
I agree that some advice given on the forums are quite helpful, but on other occasions there is a lot of replies with misinformation. Also, I noticed that some people can be very quick to only give negative advice.

How satisfied have you felt with the advice that you've been given on these forums?

Did you feel that the advice has been helpful? discouraging? how has it been for you?

you opinions are welcome.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Let me think,

since joining in July 1999 I've being extremely satisfied with the answers I've been given but they've never involved men in resorts or my love life. I have friends for that and I don't believe in spilling that stuff all over the internet. ;)

I've recieved much support both online and off line from my DR1 friends and I love and respect them dearly. I've now met a few hundred of them.

When I was a newbie I read everything that everyone had to say and didn't lash back at people that should know better than I about the DR. I took what I could use and just ignored what didn't apply to me.

I've only been a mod since 2003 so you can't say they were nice because I'm a mod.

Now what's your point?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Welcome aboard, indiana16. My opinion is that somebody in their first week as a poster on the board is running polls to see if longer-time and long-time posters are satisfied with the board is disparate.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
indiana16 said:
I agree that some advice given on the forums are quite helpful, but on other occasions there is a lot of replies with misinformation. Also, I noticed that some people can be very quick to only give negative advice.

How satisfied have you felt with the advice that you've been given on these forums?

Did you feel that the advice has been helpful? discouraging? how has it been for you?

you opinions are welcome.

Yes, it has been good for me. I don't pay for it, so I have to take the rough with the smooth and sift the information from the misinformation. What is it that you really want to know?

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Ken said:
Welcome aboard, indiana16. My opinion is that somebody in their first week as a poster on the board is running polls to see if longer-time and long-time posters are satisfied with the board is disparate.

I agree with you Ken. indiana16's post reminds me of the thread recently started about lurkers who are fearfull of being flamed.

My brief experience on DR1 has been wonderful. I got everything from an education on cigars, an excellent driver, places to stay, and the better places to eat in the DR.

indiana16, You will enjoy yourself here at DR1. You will get a wealth of information and ocasionally you will find some off topic "stupid" posts. Just ignore them and enjoy.

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
What is your goal with this thread?

You are new, and very welcome, to the largest DR related community online.
A community that consists, as in real life, of people from various places, different experiences and with one in common; A genuine interest for the Dominican Republic.

Many of us live here, some plan to move here, others go on holiday here.
Those of us that live here, have found real and close friendships and support in each other in different constallations, in real life.
Some of us work together, or play together.

Join us, enjoy it and with the number of members, I am sure you will find whatever info or topics you want to know more of, or discuss.:classic:

indiana16

Jan 5, 2006
I disagree with you Ken, in what way do you think I'm desperate ?

don't be a sour puss ken

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
indiana16 said:
I disagree with you Ken, in what way do you think I'm desperate ?

don't be a sour puss ken

Ken didn't say desperate he said

dis?pa?rate

adjective

Definitions:

very different: describes people or things so completely unlike one another that they cannot be compared

indiana16

Jan 5, 2006
thanks for clarifying that Anna

I guess it was a misunderstanding

to answer your question. I just ran this poll to get a feel of what other people's opinions are about the advice they recieve. I have noticed misinformation given as advice

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
indiana16 said:
thanks for clarifying that Anna

I guess it was a misunderstanding

to answer your question. I just ran this poll to get a feel of what other people's opinions are about the advice they recieve. I have noticed misinformation given as advice

Well thanks for pointing that out. Can you tell us what information you've been given or have seen and maybe we can fix it.

although opinions are not misinformation

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
I think most misinformation get quickly corrected by other DR1'ers.

Case in point, my advice on hotel availability during Samana Santa. :eek: :eek: :eek:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
rellosk said:
I think most misinformation get quickly corrected by other DR1'ers.

Case in point, my advice on hotel availability during Samana Santa. :eek: :eek: :eek:

So Ed would you call that a correction or a flame? ;)

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
aegap said:
For everyone reading Rellosk posts, it's Semana Santa;)
:):):) I guess I need a Spanish spell checker.

If iit wasn;t fer teh gooogle spel chker all my psots wuld lok liek this.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
aegap said:
For everyone reading Rellosk posts, it's Semana Santa;)

See now some sensitive people would think that was a flame and would say things like, " well I'm not perfect like you blah blah" but Ed can take a correction. ;)

Danny W

Bronze
Mar 1, 2003
To get back to the question - the information that I have gotten has been invaluable. For instance, the other day I needed a place to get my car serviced. Within one hour, Rocky turned me on to a great mechanic near my place in Sosua. I have gotten terriffic advice on doctors and dentists from people like HB and Ken, inverters from Mike, and many other important and helpful facts from so many other posters.

As you have already found out, people have fun with their posts, and there's nothing wrong with that. But when you are more familiar with the posters, you will learn the different fields of expertise that people have and the information you get will be terriffic. - D

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
indiana16 said:
but on other occasions there is a lot of replies with misinformation. Also, I noticed that some people can be very quick to only give negative advice.

Can you please list the threads in the past 2 weeks that have given misinformation.