please help finding apartment.

Deacon

Sep 21, 2005
Well im gonna move to the DR next month in February. I will move to Santo Domingo after my 3 years in Mexico City as a graphic designer, i hope ill find a work in SD.
The thing is iwould really appreciate some information about rents. I would live with someone else so we could share the rent so it would be cheaper. Does anyone know someone whos looking for a roomate? and what prices can i expect for a room?
Thank You very much

Erin24

Jan 9, 2006
i'm looking

Hello,

I would like to move to the Domincian Republic, to work aswell, Finding a place would be hard, you can look on "remax" real estate to find places I have seen some dececnt palces, but most of them cost 1.2 million US.. haha Do you have a Visa or citizen ship for DR, as someone who works there told that you need citizen ship before you can work in the DR, I am currently finding out if that is true, from the Dominican Consulate in Toronto. Do you anything about this?

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Erin24 said:
... as someone who works there told that you need citizen ship before you can work in the DR, I am currently finding out if that is true...
You don't need to be a Dominican citizen to work in the DR. Legally, you need to be a resident, but that is not always adhered to.

Have you read through the information in the living and legal sections of this board. You can click the tabs on the top of this page or click these links.

Flamingojohn

Nov 11, 2005
non resident working

It also depends on the company you work for. I work for a US based company and am paid through the US, thus no problems with the residency thing...