best place for children?

finlay

Jan 8, 2006
we have been twice to the dr both times we stayed in juandolio we love it there and have made many freinds but the children aged 12 and 8 find it rather boring is there a better place to stay with children as both times weve been ours have been the only children in the hotel?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Try the North Coast: You have a humongeous array of things to do with your kids and there are specialized staff that take care of children. Plus, there are just more kids around.

Places like Ocean World, the ATV treks, the Damajagua Falls (with strict Adult supervision) are really exciting for kids. Then, there is that go-cart track between Star Hills and Playa Dorada....

No doubt, North Shore it is!

HB hath spoken:D:D:D:D

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I agree with Rocky about Cabarete being your best choice. And all the special attractions mentioned by Hillbilly can be reached from there.

RandyE

Feb 4, 2002
I'll agree with HB- Playa Dorado. Taking 2 teens (16 & 13) with us in Feb. Anything they would want is walking distance, has a mall with internet shop and a movie theater. They want to try windsurfing so we're going to do a day trip to Cabarete, not a problem. IMO Playa Dorado is just plain easier.

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
I think you have to deside what kind of living you want first.

Cabarete is a wonderful, lively small town by the ocean.
Beaches, shops, restaurants, windsurfing, kite...alots of fun

Playa Dorada is a tourist complex of 15 hotels, a golf course, a plaza with movie theatre, shops, restaurants, bars etc. And of course a beach.
Here you have 15 all inclusive hotels to chose from, and 1 boutique hotel ( maybe not, as you have kids )

In Cabarete you are in and around the city, depending of your hotel choice.
In Playa Dorada you are appr. 6 km from Puerto Plata and all around you is tourism.

The distance from Playa Dorada to Cabarete is about 45 min with car.

From both places you can reach Ocean World, excursions, Fun City Go carts, Puerto Plata.
Excursions the kids would like could be the mentioned Ocean world, a day on a catamaran, jungle safari, the waterfalls etc.

www.oceanworld.net
www.playadorada.com.do
www.activecabarete.com
www.caribbeanoceanadventures.com
www.playadoradagolf.com