The Best Restaurant on Plaza Espa?a

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Costelao,

This Brazilian restaurants is the best of the plaza, hands down!

In part because it is a good restaurant and in part because I like Brazilian food!

The caipirinhas is quite good.

If you feel like making a reservation, call them 688-2773.

-NAL

WebDev

Jan 1, 2002
samana.net
Nal0whs said:
Costelao,

In part because it is a good restaurant and in part because I like Brazilian food!

-NAL

Is the caipirinha made with "Cacha?a" or rum?
BTW is any DR brand of Cacha?a availabe on the market, and what is the name?

WebDev

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
WebDev said:

WebDev
To be honest, I am not sure. I thought it was sugar cane juice with lime!:nervous: ;)

Whatever it was, it was good, that's for sure!

-NAL

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
Nal0whs said:
Costelao,

-NAL

Finally. Common ground.

Costelao is excellent. Ask for the frequent diners card. You get a 10% discount for both there and Pate Palo (next door...also excellent)...and you can accumulate points.

Scandall

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Nal0whs said:
Costelao,

-NAL

I have eaten there a few times and agree that it is a good restaurant. The food is good, the service is good and I particuly enjoy eating outside. I find the open space relaxing and enjoyable. It is also nice to sit there and enjoy a few drinks after eating your meal.

Larry

Nemo

Feb 10, 2005
WebDev said:

WebDev

Their caipirinha is indeed made with Cacha?a.

There is an almacen very near to Costel?o on C/Isabel la Cat?lica #256 called Almacenes Colonial, they sell Cacha?a and other imported liquors by the bottle, tel. 809 686-5708

WebDev

Jan 1, 2002
samana.net
Nemo said:
Their caipirinha is indeed made with Cacha?a.

There is an almacen very near to Costel?o on C/Isabel la Cat?lica #256 called Almacenes Colonial, they sell Cacha?a and other imported liquors by the bottle, tel. 809 686-5708

Thank you Nemo for clearing out how caipirinha is made at Costel?o.
Still wonder if is any local (Dominican Republic) Cacha?a, who is made from sugar cane also, as the rum.

WebDev

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
plaza espana

Larry said:
I have eaten there a few times and agree that it is a good restaurant. The food is good, the service is good and I particuly enjoy eating outside. I find the open space relaxing and enjoyable. It is also nice to sit there and enjoy a few drinks after eating your meal.
I have a reservation for next week end for my birthday...will be going with my wife and 2 daughters...what do you recomend as food there???And children under 10 eat free...I looked at menu and it looks like you can get a platter with about everything on it for 790.pesos per person...
bob

Larry
I have a reservation for next week end for my birthday...will be going with my wife and 2 daughters...what do you recomend as food there???And children under 10 eat free...I looked at menu and it looks like you can get a platter with about everything on it for 790.pesos per person...
bob

Larry[/QUOTE]

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
jaguarbob said:
bob

Larry
[/QUOTE]

Yes, and women pay half prize. For 790 you get a range of 15-20 (I didn't count) pieces of meat, of all different kinds and animals, a bit of salad, pasta and bread. The meat is great, and tasting everything is a nice concept. The setting is great as well, I definitely prefer it above the Museo de Jamon on the same square.

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
plaza espana

Yes, and women pay half prize. For 790 you get a range of 15-20 (I didn't count) pieces of meat, of all different kinds and animals, a bit of salad, pasta and bread. The meat is great, and tasting everything is a nice concept. The setting is great as well, I definitely prefer it above the Museo de Jamon on the same square.[/QUOTE]
thanks...did not know wife was half price...and my one daughter is free....what a country
bob
P.S.
have you ever eaten at el rincon on el conde??Right up from hard rock..

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Is it

NALs said:
Costelao,

-NAL

an all meat menu? I know that generally this type of rest. features large portions of meat--but do they also have fish on the menu? JOHN

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
johne said:
an all meat menu? I know that generally this type of rest. features large portions of meat--but do they also have fish on the menu? JOHN

Yes, the meat option contains one or two pieces of fish, and apart from the meat menu there is also a fish and seafruit option, I think it was a little more expensive, a bit over RD 1000. And about the meat, it did not come in large portions, just a lot of different small ones.