Dietary Supplements

jackquontee

May 20, 2005
I have done a search in this forum and have yet to find information on obtaining dietary supplements, particularly high protein drinks. Does anyone know where I can buy high protein drinks, creatine, and other dietary supplements (and I'm not talking steroids as I don't and won't use them) in the Puerto Plata or Sosua area?

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Supermercados have some. Gyms have others.
Best supplies is at the special shop inside Messon Multicentro.

ColoradoGirl

Jan 30, 2005
Do they not have a GNC there? Here in the capital I buy Whey protein. Very expensive $75 US but worth it for me. Its a huge bottle. If you are doing it for lean muscle development and weight loss make sure it is WHEY protein. Its the best for woman. Be careful with Creatine. Its great for men because it adds bulk, but can also create to much bulk for woman. I prefer to stay away from it.

Hope this helps

ColoradoGirl

Jan 30, 2005
Opps... sorry... I thought carina posted original question. If you are a man then forget my post it was directed for woman.

jackquontee

May 20, 2005
ColoradoGirl said:
Opps... sorry... I thought carina posted original question. If you are a man then forget my post it was directed for woman.

I concluded that as I was reading it.:classic: No problem.

May 12, 2005
Jack, do you have an EPS address? If so there are many US online retailers that you can buy from and have your supplies shipped in. Probably much cheaper than buying in the DR.

ColoradoGirl

Jan 30, 2005
Whats an EPS address?

Frank the Tank said:
Jack, do you have an EPS address? If so there are many US online retailers that you can buy from and have your supplies shipped in. Probably much cheaper than buying in the DR.

What is an EPS address???? I want to ship things in for cheap.

jackquontee

May 20, 2005
Frank the Tank said:

I'm going to take a wild guess that EPS stands for Electronic Postal Service. If so, the answer is no. It's not a big deal. I just wanted to get back in to working out, and just wanted to find some things down there that I could keep at the house for use while I was there. It's not anything that I would be consuming in large quantities as I would only be visiting, on average, about 6 times a year, and would need it for those times that I am there.

duhtree

Jun 2, 2003
Jackquontee: Eat healthy and carry your suppliments with you. Rarely do any of us work out so hard as to really need all the ancillary nonsense that is marketed.

Coloradogirl: At $75.00 I will become your drug supplier of choice. It's a $15-$17 dollar product. Amd that's for a 2 lb. jug.

May 12, 2005
THe cost of whey protein supplements vary greatly by quality. The best protein to use following a workout is one that contains a blend of proteins, whey, casein, etc. $17 is very cheap for a 2lb whey protein. And $75 is way too much. If anyone needs info on quality proteins, PM me.

jackquontee

May 20, 2005
duhtree said:
Jackquontee: Eat healthy and carry your suppliments with you. Rarely do any of us work out so hard as to really need all the ancillary nonsense that is marketed.

Coloradogirl: At $75.00 I will become your drug supplier of choice. It's a $15-$17 dollar product. Amd that's for a 2 lb. jug.

I agree that, like so many other things, there are alot of products out there that don't warrant a second thought. However, there are some really good products that do work. I can tell you from experience that eating healthy alone will not sustain the level of workout that I can become accustomed to. No problem though, I'll keep looking

One last thing; I don't know what type of protein you are familiar with, and bearing in mind that there are various forms of protein on the market, but
I remember when I was taking powdered protein several years ago it was more in the neighborhood of $45.00 for a 2 pound container,

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
ColoradoGirl said:

LOL...it happens..

We have GNC here, it?s located at Supermercado Tropical, just by Orange, and also inside Multicentro Messon.

jackquontee

May 20, 2005
carina said:
LOL...it happens..

We have GNC here, it?s located at Supermercado Tropical, just by Orange, and also inside Multicentro Messon.

Thanks, sweetheart. I'll have to look for it when I get back down.