Guest rules at sosua hotels

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam5935

Oct 11, 2004
I am staying at the waterfront inn. With all the other policies on my door, it states that I'm not allowed to bring guests. However, my bungalow is pretty remote and I don't see how anyone would even know. Is this really enforced or just for show? It's certainly not fancy or anything. Help is appreciated!

S

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Unless you pay them off. Better yet in Sosua find one of the many hotels without such silly rules. Sounds like a newbie in an AI to me.

Kiwicanuck

Dec 4, 2004
www.kiwicanuck.com
Doesn't sound right

sam5935 said:
I am staying at the waterfront inn. With all the other policies on my door, it states that I'm not allowed to bring guests. However, my bungalow is pretty remote and I don't see how anyone would even know. Is this really enforced or just for show? It's certainly not fancy or anything. Help is appreciated!

S

Marco has said on here he puts Rockys overflow often in the Waterfront so it doesn't sound like a rule he would want for his crowd does it?

Kiwi Bruce

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
To clarify..
A client staying at the Waterfront would have to register & pay a fee for bringing in a guest (approx. 5 bucks).
As many hotels have a single price and a double price, it amounts to the same thing, but allows for added security as well.
Given the size of the grounds, they need to have some control.
The Europa does not charge extra for the guest, but charges more for the room, and they have clients register their guests at reception.
Having them leave their cedulas at reception, assures greater security for everyone.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Jimmydr said:
true you can bring in the same guest daily but try to bring in different ones and you may get asked to leave.
It's all about comportment.
If a client or his/her guest, causes other patrons inconveniences, such as blasting a radio in the middle of the night, yelling, screaming, etc, there is no doubt they will be asked to leave.
I think this is fairly standard policy in any decent hotel.
Having different guests is not the issue. It's about the type of guest.
Quiet reserved non disturbing guests have no problems whatsoever.

sam5935

Oct 11, 2004
So, should I just bring her in late at night and hope for the best or actually go to reception and all that? Thanks for the advice!!

sam5935

Oct 11, 2004
Sosua hotel

So should I just try to bring her in late at night and hope for the best? Or do I need to go to reception, etc.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
sam5935 said:
So, should I just bring her in late at night and hope for the best or actually go to reception and all that? Thanks for the advice!!

I have not had the pleasure of meeting Rocky but from his postings and the respect he receives on DR1 I would trust what he posts :classic:

If you still have some issues maybe you should PM Rocky.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
sam5935 said:
After the evening employees have left for the night, usually the nightwatchman takes care of it.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
rellosk said:
Is Rocky's a guest friendly hotel?
Yes.
We have the benefit of being on a smaller piece of land, and Bruno the Ridgeback is there to keep things under control.
Should a guest get so intoxicated that he passed out and his guest decided to take his keys and leave, she would change her mind rather quickly as she left the room, as Bruno doesn't like unaccompanied young ladies wandering around in the middle of the night.
In the case of the Waterfront, the property is way to big to control that way, so they have a watchman.

sam5935

Oct 11, 2004
Someone here told me that his friend brought girls back a few nights in a row and they hit him with a bill of $20(us) extra per night. I guess Rocky would know best though. If anything happens, I'll just pony up the $5. I'm always quiet and respectful so I certainly won't be disruptive.

S

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
sam5935 said:
Someone here told me that his friend brought girls back a few nights in a row and they hit him with a bill of $20(us) extra per night. I guess Rocky would know best though. If anything happens, I'll just pony up the $5. I'm always quiet and respectful so I certainly won't be disruptive.

S
I just phoned to double check, and although I thought it was 200 pesos, it is 300, so approx 9 bucks.
Sorry for the innacuracy.

sam5935

Oct 11, 2004
For the record, the other night, I arrived at the hotel with a friend I had just met. The mightwatchmen came up, charged me 300 pesos, and that was that. No problems. Thanks for the advice!!

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
sam5935 said:
For the record, the other night, I arrived at the hotel with a friend I had just met. The mightwatchmen came up, charged me 300 pesos, and that was that. No problems. Thanks for the advice!!

So after you paid the 300 pesos what happened next;) . Glad to hear things worked out OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.