Club Residencial

Uncledee295

Apr 6, 2005
Hello to all, I will be in Sosua for the 3rd time and was planning on staying at Club Residencial. What is the hotel nearest to in Sosua?Does anyone know how the apartments are at this hotel? I have stayed at Europa in the past and wanted to stay some place different this trip. Thank you for any information.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Uncledee295 said:
staying at Club Residencial. What is the hotel nearest to in Sosua?

When you come out of Europa's front door turn left, walk 100 meters and you are at Club Residencial. I will be there for 8 nights next week.

Uncledee295 said:
Does anyone know how the apartments are at this hotel?

The rooms look just as they appear on their website. Club Residencial is very clean, safe and secure. The kitchen area is well stocked with glasses, pots, pans, toaster oven, regular oven, and they go as far as to provide a cork screw. The pool is very clean, one large one and a smaller one. Club Residencial is a 5 star Hotel when compared to Plaza Europa. I should know as I have stayed at both.

http://www.clubresidencial.com/

Uncledee295

Apr 6, 2005
Thank you bigbird for the information. I will probably stay there. I just didn't know how far out it was from all the fun in Sosua. Thanks again, take care.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
How hot are the apartments with no airconditioning? I don't like air but not if I can't sleep due to the heat.

Thanks

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Uncledee295 said:
Thank you bigbird for the information. I will probably stay there. I just didn't know how far out it was from all the fun in Sosua. Thanks again, take care.

Do you know where Passions used to be? Club Residencial is right across the street.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Anna Coniglio said:
How hot are the apartments with no airconditioning? I don't like air but not if I can't sleep due to the heat.

Thanks

Anna, The apartments do have a/c. It is an additional $10 USD per day. The a/c is in the bedroom. The living and kitchen area is cooled with ceiling fans and by leaving the patio door open providing a nice breeze.

The only problem with the a/c is to turn it on you must insert a key. The a/c key is attached to your room key. So you can't go to town and expect to return to a cool bedroom. It is no major problem. You walk in, turn the a/c on ASAP and the bedroom will be cool in 15 minutes.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Before paying the extra money, ask locals what the night temps are. Lately it has been quite cool at night, with many locals needing a blanket.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Ken said:
Before paying the extra money, ask locals what the night temps are. Lately it has been quite cool at night, with many locals needing a blanket.

Ken, thanks for mentioning that. I will be at Club Residencial next week and did not intend on paying for the a/c for the reason you mentioned. I was at Residencial late October 2005 and the use of a/c was 50-50. I would imagine the a/c is a no brainer during the hot summer months.

Premier

Aug 8, 2003
bigbird said:
Club Residencial is a 5 star Hotel when compared to Plaza Europa. I should know as I have stayed at both.

http://www.clubresidencial.com/

I've stayed at the Europa for the last 2 visits, but need a change for reasons that I won't cover here for fear of "offending" anyone in this board. Question(s): does this place allow in guests and do they have digital safes?

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Premier said:
Question(s): does this place allow in guests and do they have digital safes?

Yes they allow guests one at a time. Cedula must be left at front desk. This policy is day and night. The night guard will require the cedula. He sits at the main gate.

They do not have digital safes. The safe is the run of the mill type. You randomly receive a key and cylinder upon check in.

Premier

Aug 8, 2003
bigbird said:
Yes they allow guests one at a time. Cedula must be left at front desk. This policy is day and night. The night guard will require the cedula. He sits at the main gate.

They do not have digital safes. The safe is the run of the mill type. You randomly receive a key and cylinder upon check in.

Thank you bigbird. I usually carry a fair amount of cash, so the digital safes at the Europa are a definate plus. Ah, where to stay next....

Uncledee295

Apr 6, 2005
Concerning the safes in the rooms, does anyone at the hotel have access to the safe in you room. How safe is it to put valuables or money in the safe

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Uncledee295 said:
Concerning the safes in the rooms, does anyone at the hotel have access to the safe in you room. How safe is it to put valuables or money in the safe

no hay problema.........don't worry about the small stuff.........Sosua is a safe place to be using common tourist travel sense..........Enjoy yourself.......

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Premier said:
Thank you bigbird. I usually carry a fair amount of cash, so the digital safes at the Europa are a definate plus. Ah, where to stay next....

You ever think about AE Travelers Checks in USD$. Good as gold!