jus came back from the island :-(

donrael

Sep 26, 2005
hi all
happy new year!

I just came back from a very relaxing trip to DR. relaxing in the sense that it was stress free; because I was on the move all the time...went to el campo, the rivers, beach, walked around, went dancing, etc.

so, from this trip I changed my mind on something. I was looking to move within a year or two to DR. I have since calmed down and decided that it is smarter to invest in something first before taking such venture. once I have a house I can call my own anda a few $ to fall back on, either to invest in something or whatever; I'll have a better experience there. one can live well there w/ out much. however, if you have "something" the comfort makes the experience much more pleasant.

lets see if winds blow my way.

ciao mi gente

Jan 5, 2006
So true!

I think that for most of us who have gotten used to the comforts of living in the US/Canada/Europe, it is wise to have a place that you can call home, a decent car, and a secure stream of income before moving there.

It's one thing to go there on vacation and just party and enjoy everything for a short period of time, as opposed to living there and having to worry about every day life and everything that goes with it. Unless of course, you are independently wealthy and have an endless supply of dinero.

Jersey Devil

Bronze
Jul 5, 2002
Donrael,

I applaud your prudence. I am in the process of building some assets as well so that my future days in the Dominican Republic will be relaxed. I feel that it isn't too far away.

Si tu lucha tu logra,

JD

donrael

Sep 26, 2005
thanks

thanks for the encouragement guys. I decided to take it one step at atime.

I also figured that once I have taken care of the basics in DR, I can in a way retire while still young and able to enjoy life. yeah, I'll still ahve to work; but under my own terms.

I am from samana...the most beautiful place on the island ( no heat over this...PLEASE! ...lol)
anyways, while I was there I noticed this middle age man, he most've been italian by his accent; building this shop, w/ palm leaves hanging from the edge. I dont know type of business it was going to be, but it didn't matter; I saw my self as that guy...in slippers, shorts, and a tank top overseen this operation.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Are you a real Samananese?? Or a visitor that wants to live there./?

I agree about its beauty!! 100%

And good thinking, by the way

HB :D:D

donrael

Sep 26, 2005
the real mcCoy

definitely a real samanes.
born and partially raised there.

Samana is on its way to becoming a touristic spot. it already is, but it's technically a virgin location.
hopefully all this action coming to samana will not mess too much w/ the natural ambient we all know.
everything has two sides; tourism will bring lots of good things, but it also brings some negatives...i.e. congestion, more robbery, over development, deforestation, etc.

one thing about samana, is that its soo green and natural.

that's my paradise.

Hillbilly said:
Are you a real Samananese?? Or a visitor that wants to live there./?

I agree about its beauty!! 100%

And good thinking, by the way

HB :D:D