Diving centres in Las Galeras

burn

Jan 11, 2006
Hi, I'm new to this forum, so first of all a big HELLO to all of you.
I'm going to visit Las Galeras from 28.01. - 11.02. and want to learn diving. Could anyone recommend me a diving centre in this area? I've searched the web and found two diving centres: "Punta Ballena" and "Dive Samana (Scuba Libre)". Which one is the better one? Are there other diving centres?
Thanks in advance, burn

samanasuenos

Bronze
Oct 5, 2005
hmnnnnnn

Disclaimer: I know nothing about diving

Now, that said my dear, do you realize that you are headed to the end of a peninsula in the middle of next to nowhere? There are a few shops and places to eat, but nothing serious.

Now, if I were learning to dive, for some reason, I would not want to be doing it in the DR, ad if I were, well - I'd pick a more populated area.

I am sure that if I am off base on this, someone will correct me.

So - learn to dive somewhere else and then come to the DR! I say.

Also, snorkeling should be fine but bring all of your won gear. IF you find anything to buy here it will be very expensive.

Enjoy!

WebDev

Jan 1, 2002
samana.net
I will strongly suggest:
Learn to dive somewere else, I encounter a bunch of divers on their return from a dive with Dive Samana in Las Galeras, and the storys they tell me at that time was, diving in Las Galeras is for the experience divers.Period

If the diving is for experience divers, snorkeling is out of the question, IMHO.
Good luck on your quest.
WebDev