Sosua inhabitants help wanted!

out

Dec 30, 2005
When we were in Sosua we doubted about buying a painting. Not the ones you see at every corner, but we saw some interesting real paintings @ a shop near the Sosua beach. It was an art gallery, i think that was also the name of the shop "Art Gallery".
We saw paintings of, if I remember well, a painter namend Agustin.
Does this ring a bell at anyone?

Doesn't anybody live in Sosua by coincidence?
Just walk down the beach, look on your left hand for the art gallery. On the right wall you see a painting of a woman with a hat on the beach, and a painting of a person screaming in the jungle it seems.
Can you check what the painters name is? Or do you happen to know?

Please, if somebody can help it would be really appreciated! :classic:

out

Dec 30, 2005
Once more a cry for help!
Nobody happen to be living in Sosua? Please reply or send me a PM.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I live in Sosua, as do several other members, but your directions sound a bit off.
Which beach?
Approaching from where?
Please don't take this the wrong way, but before I get my lazy arse up out of my chair and go looking for the info you need, could you please tell me the reason you need it?
Is it urgent?

out

Dec 30, 2005
Rocky said:
I live in Sosua, as do several other members, but your directions sound a bit off.
Which beach?
Approaching from where?
Please don't take this the wrong way, but before I get my lazy arse up out of my chair and go looking for the info you need, could you please tell me the reason you need it?
Is it urgent?

No it's not urgent, but the thing is when I was on vacation I really doubted. And decided not to buy it. Now I regret it and am wondering if I can buy it now... maybe there is a way to buy it with some help from people. If not then it's too bad, but if so...well that would be great.

Directions...hmm. Well, I stayed in Casa Marina Reef. If you walk out of the hotel, then turn right and walk towards the bank you get a crossing.
Then, almost at the bank, you walk across the street. If you walk down there you can go to the beach, right? With all the little bars. But first you have to cross all the little shops. And one of those shops is called Art Gallery. When walking to the beach it was on the left hand.
It's the street to the beach with a lever at the beginning. The street goes down to the beach.

If you happen to get off that lazy chair... :)

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
out said:
No it's not urgent, but the thing is when I was on vacation I really doubted. And decided not to buy it. Now I regret it and am wondering if I can buy it now... maybe there is a way to buy it with some help from people. If not then it's too bad, but if so...well that would be great.

Directions...hmm. Well, I stayed in Casa Marina Reef. If you walk out of the hotel, then turn right and walk towards the bank you get a crossing.
Then, almost at the bank, you walk across the street. If you walk down there you can go to the beach, right? With all the little bars. But first you have to cross all the little shops. And one of those shops is called Art Gallery. When walking to the beach it was on the left hand.
It's the street to the beach with a lever at the beginning. The street goes down to the beach.

If you happen to get off that lazy chair... :)
I still don't understand those directions, but I'll try to spot the place, as I move around town.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I have to admit that I seldomly walk anywhere in Sosua. I always drive, so I don't know where the ice cream parlor is, but I will ask around.
So if I find this place, and they have the painting you want.
Am I to buy it and ship it to you?

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Geez! Drive up the oneway street in the back of PJ?s - this place is kinda underneath Remax - but then again, don't drive, as there is no parking there.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Chris said:
Geez! Drive up the oneway street in the back of PJ?s - this place is kinda underneath Remax - but then again, don't drive, as there is no parking there.
You think it's in Beachway Plaza?

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Rocky said:
You think it's in Beachway Plaza?

Is that what it called? I don't know why I am truly mortally offended that you do not walk in Sos?a :classic:

Let me give you driving directions. Drive in the one-way street that passes the EPS office and the Brittania Pub. (You can only go one way). When you see PJ?s, hang a left before PJ?s through the little curving one-way road. When you get to the stop, the icecream parlor is in front of you. But, these are driving directions so - hang another left - be careful, cars come quite fast from your right... The Remax building will now be on your right. Park in their parking. Walk all around the building or through the building (it?s a short walk) till you get to the icecream parlor. On the other corner, is the art gallery. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Chris said:
The Remax building will now be on your right. Park in their parking. Walk all around the building or through the building (it?s a short walk) till you get to the icecream parlor. On the other corner, is the art gallery. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Chris, it isn't true, but I know you think I just sit around waiting for you to post so that I can correct your errors;)

But this is no longer the "Remax" building. For the benefit of posters not familiar with Sosua, it is the 3-story red and white building with the North Cost Realty sign.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Ken said:
Chris, it isn't true, but I know you think I just sit around waiting for you to post so that I can correct your errors;)

But this is no longer the "Remax" building. For the benefit of posters not familiar with Sosua, it is the 3-story red and white building with the North Cost Realty sign.

Geez! I give up... It was Remax for a long enough time and I'm too old now to adapt. :classic: Let me know when Rockys changes its name so that I can find it ... :classic:

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Chris said:
I just knew the day would come... Got' ya... North CoAst (But then again, the sign may just be North Cost)

:cry: Your patience has been rewarded.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
3/4 of the signs in this country are meespelled anyway.

Next time I come here I am getiing a Worldwide internet wireleess connectshun so I can attack others 24/7 from the beech.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Don't believe it, Tamborista. She was attacking me and I'm going to call you to testify at her trial. ;)

out

Dec 30, 2005
Rocky said:
I have to admit that I seldomly walk anywhere in Sosua. I always drive, so I don't know where the ice cream parlor is, but I will ask around.
So if I find this place, and they have the painting you want.
Am I to buy it and ship it to you?
Hmm, if possible a picture of it would be appreciated...so to determine it is the painting I'm referring to.
Shipping would be great but then again it would be difficult. When we were there they asked 3000 pesos for the painting. Pretty much we thought and didn't buy it. Now we would have paid it, but now we're back in Holland and it's too late. But shipping could be an option if you don't happen to be in Holland soon ;)

Maybe my topictitle should have been 'Sosua inhabitants with digital camera help wanted' :glasses:

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Allright.
It looks like I'm going to have to do this.
Please describe everything you remember about it, and I'll go over & check.