Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30
  1. #1
    Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Sosua inhabitants help wanted!

    When we were in Sosua we doubted about buying a painting. Not the ones you see at every corner, but we saw some interesting real paintings @ a shop near the Sosua beach. It was an art gallery, i think that was also the name of the shop "Art Gallery".
    We saw paintings of, if I remember well, a painter namend Agustin.
    Does this ring a bell at anyone?


    Doesn't anybody live in Sosua by coincidence?
    Just walk down the beach, look on your left hand for the art gallery. On the right wall you see a painting of a woman with a hat on the beach, and a painting of a person screaming in the jungle it seems.
    Can you check what the painters name is? Or do you happen to know?

    Please, if somebody can help it would be really appreciated!

  2. #2
    Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Once more a cry for help!
    Nobody happen to be living in Sosua? Please reply or send me a PM.

  3. #3
    Honorificabilitudinitatibus
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    13,844
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I live in Sosua, as do several other members, but your directions sound a bit off.
    Which beach?
    Approaching from where?
    Please don't take this the wrong way, but before I get my lazy arse up out of my chair and go looking for the info you need, could you please tell me the reason you need it?
    Is it urgent?

  4. #4
    Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    I live in Sosua, as do several other members, but your directions sound a bit off.
    Which beach?
    Approaching from where?
    Please don't take this the wrong way, but before I get my lazy arse up out of my chair and go looking for the info you need, could you please tell me the reason you need it?
    Is it urgent?
    No it's not urgent, but the thing is when I was on vacation I really doubted. And decided not to buy it. Now I regret it and am wondering if I can buy it now... maybe there is a way to buy it with some help from people. If not then it's too bad, but if so...well that would be great.

    Directions...hmm. Well, I stayed in Casa Marina Reef. If you walk out of the hotel, then turn right and walk towards the bank you get a crossing.
    Then, almost at the bank, you walk across the street. If you walk down there you can go to the beach, right? With all the little bars. But first you have to cross all the little shops. And one of those shops is called Art Gallery. When walking to the beach it was on the left hand.
    It's the street to the beach with a lever at the beginning. The street goes down to the beach.

    If you happen to get off that lazy chair...

  5. #5
    Honorificabilitudinitatibus
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    13,844
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by out
    No it's not urgent, but the thing is when I was on vacation I really doubted. And decided not to buy it. Now I regret it and am wondering if I can buy it now... maybe there is a way to buy it with some help from people. If not then it's too bad, but if so...well that would be great.

    Directions...hmm. Well, I stayed in Casa Marina Reef. If you walk out of the hotel, then turn right and walk towards the bank you get a crossing.
    Then, almost at the bank, you walk across the street. If you walk down there you can go to the beach, right? With all the little bars. But first you have to cross all the little shops. And one of those shops is called Art Gallery. When walking to the beach it was on the left hand.
    It's the street to the beach with a lever at the beginning. The street goes down to the beach.

    If you happen to get off that lazy chair...
    I still don't understand those directions, but I'll try to spot the place, as I move around town.

  6. #6
    Gold
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    7,668
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Rocky, its across from the icecream parlor in that same little mall...

  7. #7
    Honorificabilitudinitatibus
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    13,844
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I have to admit that I seldomly walk anywhere in Sosua. I always drive, so I don't know where the ice cream parlor is, but I will ask around.
    So if I find this place, and they have the painting you want.
    Am I to buy it and ship it to you?

  8. #8
    Gold
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    7,668
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Geez! Drive up the oneway street in the back of PJs - this place is kinda underneath Remax - but then again, don't drive, as there is no parking there.

  9. #9
    Honorificabilitudinitatibus
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    13,844
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris
    Geez! Drive up the oneway street in the back of PJs - this place is kinda underneath Remax - but then again, don't drive, as there is no parking there.
    You think it's in Beachway Plaza?

  10. #10
    Gold
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    7,668
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    You think it's in Beachway Plaza?
    Is that what it called? I don't know why I am truly mortally offended that you do not walk in Sosa

    Let me give you driving directions. Drive in the one-way street that passes the EPS office and the Brittania Pub. (You can only go one way). When you see PJs, hang a left before PJs through the little curving one-way road. When you get to the stop, the icecream parlor is in front of you. But, these are driving directions so - hang another left - be careful, cars come quite fast from your right... The Remax building will now be on your right. Park in their parking. Walk all around the building or through the building (its a short walk) till you get to the icecream parlor. On the other corner, is the art gallery.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •