Gas stations to remain open 24/7

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Hey Greg, do you have any idea how I can find out the current sulfur content of diesel sold in the DR, or data on quality of gasoline sold there and/or regs thereon? At least who I can email? Sorry to highjack the thread, but I can't find such info on SEIC's or DIGENOR's websites and you don't seem to read PM's... :nervous:

Thanks!

Keith

Jan 5, 2006
Keith, someone at REFIDOMSA would have the data that you're looking for.

I recall reading something last week when the story about below grade gasoline was all over the news, that someone at REFIDOMSA stated that they test fuels for certain parameters, such as octane, weight, viscocity, etc. before it is distributed to the retailers, so they should have the info that you're looking for. I would acually like to peruse the data myself.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Gregg: Yesterday's Diario Libre said that the SEIC edict allowing gasoline and propane sales 24/7 was only for the holidays, and that as of 9 January '06, the sales ban before 6:00 AM and after 8:00PM is again in effect.

I have not had a chance to ask around here in Santiago...

HB :D:D

Coastal

Jul 14, 2003
We are open 24/7

When I read that the gas sales hours would be restricted once again, I was out of the country but keeping in touch to monitor the situation. On Tuesday of this week, I had heard two conflicting reports: one that we should start closing again and two that we would not have to close. So I called the DIGENOR while I was in the airport and they told me that in fact the President had decided to let the sales continue 24/7 until further notice. So that was information from the horses mouth, so to speak. I then called home and told them not to close the gas sales at 8 pm.

Once I arrived home, I noticed in the newspapers that they also said that gas would continue to be sold without time restrictions. So, until I hear anything different from the DIGENOR or other responsible agency, we will continue to be open 24/7.

That is the current status but I will post right away if I hear about any changes.

KeithR, I would agree with Hipocrito that Refidomsa is where you need to look. However you may have to go in person for those details as I have always found little success with emails in those type of situations. Good luck to you on that !

Happy new year, Greg

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Thanks, Greg. I was worried that was the case. Wonder if I can get one of my earnstwhile Green Team colleagues to visit Refidomsa for the info. Or maybe there's some kind soul on DR1 that can help out?

Best Regards,
Keith