Sankie- a name you can trust.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
I see that Supermercado Messon in Peurto Plata is now selling "Sankie" brand appliances. Is this a brand name you can trust?

Sep 19, 2005
HOWMAR said:
I see that Supermercado Messon in Peurto Plata is now selling "Sankie" brand appliances. Is this a brand name you can trust?

but how will the canadian girls get them home?

ooooppps that shouldnt have come out!!!

like my bro AZB says.....I make joke

the sales pitch is an empty promise...... they are hireing ex used car salesmen to pitch them

oh man I am getting deeper in trouble as i type

got to go....bob

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
laurapasinifan said:
They range is size from toasters and blenders to full size refrigerators. Just like the human forms.

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
HOWMAR said:
They range is size from toasters and blenders to full size refrigerators. Just like the human forms.

This brand, will be the only they will be able to afford when reality hits them and they come to live here with their Sankie..:tired:

Actually the brand is spelled SANKEY.:classic:

fitleo

Jan 10, 2006
Can anyone explain to me the origin of the word "sankie" ... is it a word commonly used in the DR? Or did some bitter Canadian girl invent it? lol

amy2761

Island Body
Mar 16, 2003
www.dr1.com
fitleo said:
Can anyone explain to me the origin of the word "sankie" ... is it a word commonly used in the DR? Or did some bitter Canadian girl invent it? lol

Do a search - it'll keep you busy for HOURS!!

Stay well,
Amy

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
fitleo said:
Here's what Wikipedia says about it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanky-panky

BTW, notice where you go when you click the Message board link under external links. It makes me wonder if a DR1'er posted the article.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
amy2761 said:
Do a search - it'll keep you busy for HOURS!!
Hours?? A search on this board on that topic could keep someone busy for days, or even weeks.:eek:

amy2761

Island Body
Mar 16, 2003
www.dr1.com
rellosk said:
Hours?? A search on this board on that topic could keep someone busy for days, or even weeks.:eek:

I figured that after a few hours of reading the point is made quite clearly but then again, some people just don't know when to quit! :eek: ;)

Stay well,
Amy

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
HOWMAR said:

It's one of the best-selling brands in the DR. A lot of women pay for the extended warranties and services.

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
laurapasinifan said:

ooooppps that shouldnt have come out!!!

like my bro AZB says.....I make joke

the sales pitch is an empty promise...... they are hireing ex used car salesmen to pitch them

oh man I am getting deeper in trouble as i type

got to go....bob

Actually bob, your English is getting worse as you type. lol

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
fitleo said:

The word is probably most often used by english speaking ex-patriots living in the DR.

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
laurapasinifan said:
????????...........what english do you speak?:surprised

bob

Hi bob, sorry for the misunderstanding.

I thought your English was getting worse (while you were typing) because you had a beautiful woman flirting with you (while you were typing that post). It was a stupid joke on my part. ;)

Or maybe you DID have a girl with you while you were typing. :classic:

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
To answer your question, Howmar. It's bottom of the line stuff, but it can give you hours of pleasure & conversation, even after it breaks, just for being named, "Sankey".
BTW: I didn't stay around to the very end, so I don't know.
Is there a poker game tonight?

Sep 19, 2005
my girl is in the dr now...I am in america....but tomorrow Ill have her sit on my lap for you( supprise visit!!!)........and me.......the problem with that is one thing leads to another with her...... and then I am sweating and worring about a heart attack or something ha ha ha ha.......

bob

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Rocky said:
To answer your question, Howmar. it's bottom of the line stuff, but it can give you hours of pleasure & conversation, even after it breaks, just for being named, "Sankey".
BTW: I didn't stay around to the very end, so I don't know.
Is there a poker game tonight?
If it's Thursday tonight, it's poker.

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
laurapasinifan said:
my girl is in the dr now...I am in america....but tomorrow Ill have her sit on my lap for you( supprise visit!!!)........and me.......the problem with that is one thing leads to another with her...... and then I am sweating and worring about a heart attack or something ha ha ha ha.......

bob

Lucky you bob!!!

Sex is actually very good exercise (very good for one's health)! ;)

I enjoy your posts and you have a good sense of humor. So your girlfriend in the DR is very fortunate to have a nice guy like you as a boyfriend. :classic:

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Conchman said:
The word is probably most often used by english speaking ex-patriots living in the DR.
It's also used by Dominicans.

A while ago I was seeing a Dominican girl and she introduced me to her sister and her sister's "novio". Later on when I asked if her sister was in a serious relationship with him, she said, "No, I think he is a sankie". It floored me that she knew that word.